• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATSB Questions

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Relax, you have 3 tries and can take it when you are ready. Many of us have taken it more than once. The Arco is the best book you can use IMO. As far at the spatial (and the rest of it)goes, know the concepts and you will be fine. If you suck the first time, take it again. For me, the biggest problems the first time I took it were time and using the Cliffs book for study.

Conaway

Man, I'm getting scared because some folks say it's just like the ARCO books and others saying it's nothing like the ARCO books. And then there are some folks that were confident and then found out they didn't do as well as they thought they'd do. UGH.

I'm getting scared because I felt confident after going through the ARCO books and the GRE/GMAT books and being able to answer the questions, knowing the formulas and concepts, etc. I did well on the spatial and now people are saying it's nothing like the ARCO books and they did well in the practice exams but not on the real one.

So is the spatial like the ones in the Marine gouge if they're not like the ARCO ones?

Spatial apperception is the least of your worries. It is the same, except on the test, the pictures are printed more clearly and it's a different plane. Don't worry about this!

Use the gouge that everyone else is. Arco is good to become accustomed to the format of the test and how the questions are presented. That's about it, but get it anyway. The Marine Gouge is good stuff, those questions are just like they are on the test.

new user

Are the colors of the vests and helmets really on the test? I was looking over it and although it doesn't look like it will be that hard to remember, I wanted to know if I should be wasting my time on it when I could be studying other things.

skim

None
Contributor
I dont recall seeing it on the tests I took. Could be though. It did ask about the color of pipe used to transport jet fuel. I think you should study most on the math, verbal and mechanical. Study, but dont stress about the aviation. What are you applying for?

Conaway

Are the colors of the vests and helmets really on the test? I was looking over it and although it doesn't look like it will be that hard to remember, I wanted to know if I should be wasting my time on it when I could be studying other things.

What?! No! Don't worry about that junk! Concentrate on what everyone has been saying! Math, mechanical comprehension, aviation knowledge, etc. They want to see you use your head, if you miss one question about the color of some pilot's helmet, who cares?
I know the test can become stressful, but just take a breath, study your butt off and do the best you can.

new user

I'm trying for Intel. I've focused on primarily math and mechanical. Some verbal because the ARCO exam was pretty tough when it came to replacing wrong words in the paragraphs. But the math and mechanical are my primary focus....especially the math.

skim

None
Contributor
Me too. Remember that the board looks at a whole person concept, just do your best on it, if your score is low, other things such as gpa and experience can balance that out.

Tombstone

My brother last time he took the test recieved a 6/6/4 40. Not a 7/6/6 44 like I said earlier that was my score. I just got the 2 papers mixed up when I put it on the forum. You can tell he needs to improve. I do agree its not if I'm, its if he is ready. I am just nervous for my bro you know how it is and I am just trying to be the good big bro. The last time he went and took I could have sworn he was going to come back with 9/9/9 and a 65, but it didn't happen that way and it is frustrating to prepare so hard for a test and not do as good as you would hope for. I just came across another arco book called the Officer Candidate Tests 6th edition. It has alot of good practice material for the math,verbal, and mechanical parts and I was just wondering if anyone has used and thought it was worth wild to use. It is not the military flight aptitude test booklet it is something else. Please keep sending your opinions on this matter with the test.
Thanks again,
Tombstone

Conaway

My brother last time he took the test recieved a 6/6/4 40. Not a 7/6/6 44 like I said earlier that was my score. I just got the 2 papers mixed up when I put it on the forum. You can tell he needs to improve. I do agree its not if I'm, its if he is ready. I am just nervous for my bro you know how it is and I am just trying to be the good big bro. The last time he went and took I could have sworn he was going to come back with 9/9/9 and a 65, but it didn't happen that way and it is frustrating to prepare so hard for a test and not do as good as you would hope for. I just came across another arco book called the Officer Candidate Tests 6th edition. It has alot of good practice material for the math,verbal, and mechanical parts and I was just wondering if anyone has used and thought it was worth wild to use. It is not the military flight aptitude test booklet it is something else. Please keep sending your opinions on this matter with the test.
Thanks again,
Tombstone

That's used for officer qualification testing. If I'm thinking of the right one, and it's the one that includes all branches, then I'm pretty sure it's mostly used for the AF (because they like to take pointless tests like that). No doubt, it will provide some adequate practice problems.

skim

None
Contributor
yeah, it probably wouldn't hurt. Just stay away from GRE/GMAT books. Its math is a little advanced. Someone had asked about that in another post I think.

new user

That would be me. I was looking at it and getting scared. But I'm fine now. I understand the concepts and it actually helped me out a lot in terms of more practice questions and some shortcuts....and then there were other not so short cuts.

In the end, I got what I needed out of it.

Tombstone

So would all say that if he can do the Marine Gouge Math portion that he would be in good shape because he has that pretty well?

Conaway

So would all say that if he can do the Marine Gouge Math portion that he would be in good shape because he has that pretty well?

If he can do the math, yes, but the Marine Gouge is only mechanical comprehension. It's only consists of basic physics problems. It's the pdf with the 18 on the front page.

Tombstone

Since my bro is now finished with school and he has moved back home to Northern Kentucky. Is he allowed to switch recruiting stations from Nashville to Louisville. Now that he is home he lives 3 1/2 hours from Nashville and only 30 minutes from Louisville. Do you thing the navy recruiter would be sore at him for moving or do you think it would't make any difference. He still has to take the ASTB again, and do the PFT. So what do you think he should do. I wish I could give advice to him but I am going the Marine Corps way and no nothing about how the Navy runs things. He has told me that his recruiter has done really nothing for him to help him out or atleast he has not been very supportive.