• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Study Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgrayson

Is there any information about "Aviation Interest" for the ASTB. They've done away with the Biographical Inventory, but I can't find anything at all on this section.

signud

Final Select SNA
Those prep-sheets helped tremendously. I took my test this morning and I was quite pleased with the results. Thanks to whomever put those out there!

aschollmb

Thanks for that link. I cannot open the 3rd ASTB PDF file (the supposed Marine Guidebook Supplement). Any ideas? Also, does that link send me to the "Resources" page that everyone is talking about? Thanks. -Allyson

coneman

From what I've read everyone here appears to be preparing for a pilot of FO slot. I am preparing for entry to BUD/S, does anyone if the ASTB varies or if I should have differing strengths on the test from someone going to flight school? Thanks. - Jesse

JKD

Same test, but you may not have to take all the sections (for Intel you do take all the section, so BUD/S may also require it). The recruiting office that sets up the test should be able to tell you what sections you have to take.

Eteled

Originally posted by coneman
From what I've read everyone here appears to be preparing for a pilot of FO slot. I am preparing for entry to BUD/S, does anyone if the ASTB varies or if I should have differing strengths on the test from someone going to flight school? Thanks. - Jesse

For BUD/S, you'll probably still take the whole test. By taking the full test your recruiter will know what you qualify for, even if it isn't your first choice.

You should plan to score 100% on everything. SPECWAR only requires the minimum scores to apply, but those won’t cut it. I’ve read that SPECWAR does prefer technical majors. SPECWAR is consistently the most difficult billet to get. High ASTB scores will help for a SPECWAR billet, but the PFT is just as (if not more) important. I'll assume you know all about that and have done extensive exercising for a few years.

tp59570

yea b&n has the study guide for the test. you can order it cheaper from www.half.com or www.overstock.com. honestly though, all you really need is the study guides off this site. i really didn't use the book. plus i think the book was very vague on most of the sections of the test, especially the spacial apperception and naval and aviation information.
Originally posted by maverick01usn
i have taken the ASTB for the first time i have to say that i got a low score, passing but low. i was only wondering, doesnt Barnes and Nobles have the booklet for the test? if anyone has more information about that test i would surely appreciate it. In the meantime ill use the website above to study as much as possible.

Robert "Maverick" Rosario

jgunn2

yeah im on the same boat. I'm hoping to go to OCS then make it into bud/s. I just talked to my recruiter and he said I only need to take the first two parts of the ATSB. I asked him if it would hurt if I took the rest of the test and he said not at all, it may qualify me for other things if I dont't make it into Bud/s. I would recommend calling a recruiter when you have a chance. All the info I've gotten has been from him over the phone.

-J

Catch

Cudo's to the folks at Airwarriors.com for posting the ASTB gouge files. I took the ASTB today after going through both the ARCO book and the gouge posted here. I must say that the questions on my version of the ASTB were more aligned with this site's gouge. Some of the questions in the actual ASTB had the same pattern (not exactly the same figures) to solve as listed here in the gouge.

I am a coastie, and when I asked how I fared compared to other ASTB scores, she advised me that my score was sufficient for selection to flight school! We will see! Thanks much for the help...

mgloeck

Webmaster, which 3 files are the three that I should download to study off of the list? Does anyone know? Thanks!

mudboger_19

I just took the ASTB test today, and i didn't do to hot on the Math/Verbal section. Does anyone know where i can find a study guide for the Verbal part. I'm okay with the math, but those verbal things messed me up. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Domer00

Arco has a book called the Military Flight Aptitude Tests, they also have a guide called Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Relations Guide and Learning Express has Military Flight Aptitude Tests.

I havent taken the test yet, give me a week and I'll be able to tell you which ones helped me the most.

Also, talk to your recruiter. He'll have a study guide and on top of that download the 3 gouges from this site. That should be more than enough material to go through.

I know I'll have trouble with the mechanical aspects and circuits since I haven't had anything like that since high school.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.