• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Study Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For those of you always in search of the best material to help you study for the ASTB, here are some that people are always asking for. So instead of searching through all the old posts, I'm just going to post the link here, so you know where to get it at.

You can download the three files on this site, here:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5804

Rianne

I just wanted to let you guys know that if you're worried about the ASTB or you did poorly on it before-study the guide on this website! The first time I took the ASTB I only got a 35. I didn't do anything but study the guide on here and the next time I took the test I got a 50!

dwdelk

I first took the ASTB 2 1/2 years ago. I am retaking it on 15 May. I have checked with my public library and they have no study guide for this exam. I am so excited to find something. I will definitely have to let everybody know what I score on it.

maverick01usn

i have taken the ASTB for the first time i have to say that i got a low score, passing but low. i was only wondering, doesnt Barnes and Nobles have the booklet for the test? if anyone has more information about that test i would surely appreciate it. In the meantime ill use the website above to study as much as possible.

Robert "Maverick" Rosario

soulshaker14

maverick, did you use the Marine Study guide on this site?! If you didn't, you might want to study it like crazy, and re-test. That's what I'm in the process of doing....taking Form 2 in a week....

maverick01usn

hey soulshaker, i heard there was a marine study guide somewhere i could study for the astb but i dont seem to find it in this website. i would really appreciate it if u helped me locate it. By the way, good luck on your next retest!!

maverick01usn

the first one i already took it but for what i understand you still get two more chances to get better scores. i finally got to find the booklet in this website and ill start studying for the second round of testing. thanks for the info!

Michael Joyce

Hey,
If anyone out there has suggestions for studying the aviation/ naval history portions of the ASTB, I need them. I am not in an ROTC program; I am a former enlisted Marine who is applying to OCS and need help in this area. I barely know a wing from a cockpit, and need reinforcement on boat/ naval history. Marine history... this I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stevew

I need some good gouge on mechanical comprehension. I used the Marine study guide but I think I need more than that. Does anyone know of anything? I looked at a college physics book under the section of mechanical advantage and I found an entire 2 and a half pages on the topic. Thanks for the help.

-Steve

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Look at the Marine Study Guides and supplements and then take a physics book and look up the topics covered in the supplement for additional material. Worked for me!

satin_patriot

ARCO has a great book that helped me a lot. the first time i took the test (studying only with the ARCO books) i got a 47. I'm getting ready to retake it with help from the above link.

:)

froghead1

From most of the guys I have talked to, the Arco book "Military Flight Aptitude Tests" is the best source for studying for the ASTB. Would you guys recommend this over the link/gouge listed on this site?
Also, most of the aviators I have talked to went to the Naval Academy and didn't really have much to say about the ASTB. I am taking it the 20th of this month and would like to do well. Therefore, I am looking for the best resources availble.Thanks

mcp162

I just registered and am preparing to take FORM 1. Can someone tell me where this Marine Corps gouge is, that seems to be so helpful? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.