• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I thought that the ACTs were easier, but I took them almost 6 years ago. I also took the SATs, I did better on my ACTs

Ben

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oh, thanx for confirming that neo. but tell me, why was it different from the SAT's? why was it easier? i was thinking about taking the SAT's again to see if i can get at least a 1200 this time (or around 27-32 ACT).

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
It just focuses on different things, the ACT has alot more science, so if your good at science you'll prob do better on the ACT.

Ben

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Enishi,

Allow me to clarify... Like most 4year universities, my school DOES require either an SAT or ACT score, but ONLY for freshmen with <26 college credits. Community college (Which require only a pulse to enter) students with >26 credit hours are considered transfer students, and only need to meet gpa requirements. Oh yeah, and the courses need to be at least 1000 level-remedial courses aren't accepted.

I took 1 semester (18 hrs) of classes at my community college, and CLEP'ed out of another 4 classes. So I had 30 credit hrs and transfered to my school (University of New Mexico). This will work at most schools, but I don't recommend it. I guess I coulda taken the SAT, but I had to pay my own way my 1st semester, so I took the cheaper route- literally and figuratively.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The BIGGEST factor on the ASTB is time...You don't get enough of it....Make sure you practice taking the example exams under some type of time contraint. If you work well (and accurately) under pressure, then you'll do fine. And don't worry if you don't pass (get the scores you want) the first time, you will only have to wait 30 days to take it the second time. Good luck and study hard.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.