• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB - Prep/Study Guide feedback

Gutie04

Well I have effectively studied for 2 days, 1st attempt tomorrow morning. But I am a Nuclear Engineer and have my Private/Instrument License and am working on my Commercial license so after reviewing the books and practice tests I am not worried about the material at all. The timing is gonna kill me.

Gutie04

------------------------------
Also, were there any other discrepancies/mistakes in atrickplay's study guide? The only one I caught so far is:
The answer is supposed to be 1/2 (I hope).

I wish you all 50+++ on your upcoming ASTB exams! :icon_tong

------------------------------

atrickplay, if you're still active on this forum, i just want to thank you for passing on your knowledge and gouge for others to use. :D

You are correct 1/2 is the answer to the question:

· A businesswoman spends 1/5 of her income for rent,(step 1) and 3/8 of the remainder goes towards salary(step 2). How much does she have remaining?)step 3)
1) Start out with 1-1/5= the remainder =4/5
2) 3/8 of 4/5 = 12/40 = 3/10
3) Remainder after rent - Salary costs = Remaining
4/5 - 3/10 = 8/10 - 3/10 = 5/10 = 1/2

At lease this is how I would solve this problem.

Chorrell

Recording WWII Causalites.
Way to go!
I took the OAR Friday morning and received a 56. I used Atrickpay's personal study guide, the Marine gouge, Military Flight Aptitude Tests, and two practice tests, all in a .pdf. I found them through this website and will happily share them with anyone in need.
Can you send me the .pdf? maritimearch@gmail.com

Kanjelman7

some questions that I have trouble finding clarification on google:

1) continuity equation
- i've found different versions online; which one is the "standard" and/or easier one to understand conceptually?

2) what's the difference between military time and zulu time?

3) how do you find out the pressures of different-sized tires and the respective torques they give? does the amount of pressure or tire-size affect the torque? (or both?)

thank you for clearing up my confusions

hopeful_pilot

I took the OAR Friday morning and received a 56. I used Atrickpay's personal study guide, the Marine gouge, Military Flight Aptitude Tests, and two practice tests, all in a .pdf. I found them through this website and will happily share them with anyone in need.

Robby, Can you send me that as well stwales@sandiego.edu

Way to go!

If you don't mind, Robby could you send that my way as well? I have it on the 22nd, thankyou!! 19cyoung86@gmail.com

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
Emails sent. "ASTB Personal Study Guide" is Atrickpay's study guide, just renamed on the attachment.