• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB - Prep/Study Guide feedback

shutout39

pilot
I have another question on Atrickplays study guide that doesnt make sense to me:

If a driver completes a trip of 120 miles at 30mph. At what speed would the return trip need to be driven in order for the average speed of the trip to be 40mph?
--The answer given uses formula of d=r*t and comes to 60mph.

Maybe I am underthinking this but if the return trip is assumed to also be 120 miles, wouldnt 50mph on the return equal an average of 40mph?

Lucy

240 miles (trip total/goal) at 40mph is 6hrs. 120miles at 30mph is 4 hrs. Therefore you have to complete the return trip in 2 hrs. 120miles in 2 hrs is 60mph.

Otherwise it becomes -to trip- 4 hrs. Return trip=2.4 hrs.

shindel

I just left the office with a Naval Officer Recruiter by my area and taking this test is the next step on me going in. I am finding alot of the study guides here are broken links. Can any shed any light on me and help me find some material to start studying?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I just left the office with a Naval Officer Recruiter by my area and taking this test is the next step on me going in. I am finding alot of the study guides here are broken links. Can any shed any light on me and help me find some material to start studying?

What's your e-mail address?

PositivePilot

help

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a study guide or book in the physics area of the ASTB?? And eas7888 I noticed a lot of the links are broken when it comes to study guide info do you have them?? I also keep seeing people refering to Atrickpay' study guide I've tried looking where is this??

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a study guide or book in the physics area of the ASTB?? And eas7888 I noticed a lot of the links are broken when it comes to study guide info do you have them?? I also keep seeing people refering to Atrickpay' study guide I've tried looking where is this??

Just PM me/message me on my profile with your e-mail address.

shutout39

pilot
I have a question from the Barrons Study Guide, and was hoping someone could just tell me they never saw this type of question on the test because I have no clue:

Find the numerical value of 5a2b-3ab2 if a=7 and b=4.

The answer from the book is 644 and the explanation in the book isnt very clear as to how. Any help would be great.

ami5015

The answer is wrong. With the information you gave, the answer would be 112. The Barrons book has the wrong answer sometimes listed in the back of the book..

shutout39

pilot
Thanks ami,

I haven noticed so many mistakes in several of the books. Barrons, Learning Express, and Arcos - none of them have been able to figure it out apparently. Crappy editors....

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Is Atrickpay's gouge considered official? I was emailed the document by my recruiter who said this it the only study aid endorsed by the Navy?

That cracks me up! If it has been endorsed by the Navy nobody has told me, and i'm due for some royalties! I guess my document has made its way around in the past 2 years.

I wanted to mentioned that I think there was a typo in the "A businesswoman spends 1/5 of her income for rent..." question. It should probably ask "How much was spent on salaries?". The correct answer to the stated question of "How much is remaining?" would be 1/2.

1 - (1/5) - [(3/8)*(4/5)] = 1/2

Sorry for the confusion! I found the question elsewhere and must have typed it into the document incorrectly. Too late to change it now, but hopefully there aren't any other mistakes.

PositivePilot

Question-- If you don't answer a question on the ASTB does it count against you? or is it one of those tests that only the correct answers are added?

tecko_24

bpr2006, I am looking to retest in December 10 and was impressed by the scores you posted. What did you end up studying with, if you dont mind me asking, i really need to do good on my second time around because i bombed it the first time. Any advice would help, thank in advance.