• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline Rush

i sat down with an army recruiter when i was inquiring about the armed forces..They have a warrant officer program, in which they dont even require a degree, you have to score high enough on their tests, send a picture of yourself and maybe a couple of other things i dont remember, if you really want to be assured helo's army seems like the way to go

cman

Hey Spin, I checked out the Army at one time and there were a few things that turned me off about it. First, if you want to fly you pretty much have to go warant officer. There are some officers (LT - LtCol) that will do some flying, but not much. And once you advance in rank your chances of flying rather than shufling papers goes way down. I know that for some people it's all about flying and rank don't mean a thing. That's not the case for me, but everyone's got there reasons... Furthermore, if you're like me and want to go officer, then there is no guarantee that you'll get aviation. You'll go throuhgh OCS and at the end you'll get picked up by aviation, armor, infantry, ect, ect; depending on the needs of the different communities.

Anyway, those Appaches do look like a lot of fun.

C

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Looks like there are a lot of things to weigh. One good thing about army is that I the age is higher .... 29 I think. But the Officer info you gave is interesting. That kinda sucks but it is what it is. I am actually almost done with my app for Navy (just waiting on one LOR). Would much rather have a great Navy day!!

Peace,

-Spin

cman

I hear ya. I'd rather have a great Navy day as well. The nice thing about the Army age thing is that it's that you must be accepted by age 29 (that was how it was explained to me). Basically as long as you are accepeted at least the day before your 29 b-day, you're good to go. Not like the Navy where you have to graduate OCS (which can be a year off from acceptance date) before your 27th b-day. I hear that the Marines requirement is 27 as well, but they are willing to take you if you are over age if you are a really strong candidate.

C

Aimee

does anyone think that it seems to have gotten harder to get slots since they suspended the requirements for a minimum score on the biographical profiles for aviators... seems like ever since, it is impossible to get an aviator slot for OCS... are they still doing that?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hartman,
Not sure if anyone answered your question, but NAA means Not Aeronautically Adaptable (caused by a variety of reasons: airsickness, deathly fearful of flying, can't hack it, etc.) Flight failure could also be a variety of things like student didn't study and failed his flights, or isn't getting the gist of flying. Hope this helps.
ea6bflyr[^]

Originally posted by Hartman
Thanks for posting this link. Can anyone answer these questions:

Slide 24 lists "Reasons for Attrition." Two of these reasons are "Flight Failure - Pilot," and "NAA." What do these mean???

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.