• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kent1644

Here is a pretty cool link that tells you how your scores compare with others across the nation. It also gives attrition rates for people at flight school with certain ASTB scores. www.nomi.med.navy.mil/directorates/41ASTB.htm
then click on ASTB standards.

dewahl

Thats some pretty good info. Kind of lets ya know where it all falls out. Kind of lets ya know what you are in for depending on what your scores were.

Dave

gsavy10

Really cool link. It eased my anxiety about my application. It looks as though a 58 will really help me get in as a SNA. [:D]

Hartman

Thanks for posting this link. Can anyone answer these questions:

Slide 24 lists "Reasons for Attrition." Two of these reasons are "Flight Failure - Pilot," and "NAA." What do these mean???

Thanks

Hartman

Another thing...check out slide 21. You can see between FY01 and FY02 how much the Navy has cut back on the number of pilots slots (note that FY02 data is only good through 21 MAR). Either way, it's obvious that the number of pilot slots awarded for FY02 was less than half that of FY01 AND years previous. This is obviously a reflection of the reasons why the jet pipeline is so plugged up right now.

I'm just a dumbass engineer, and I have no guess as to when the jet pipeline will start to open up. However, when this does happen...it's going to happen FAST. Jet slots will be growing on trees. Chicks will be flocking to P'Cola by the thousands looking for aviators. The flight decks of aircraft carriers will be paved with gold...

Anyone have a take on this???

tali264

Nanuq, welcome to the site. You look like a lot of people here - had a good job but decided it wasn't for them. Have you applied with AF or Navy yet?

Hartman

Nanuq...join the club of engineers who got a job after college and then realized that they were STILL surrounded by a bunch of nerds!

<in my best Ogar face> "Nnnnnerrrrrds!!!!"

ghost_ttu

hehehe, it's not the nerds, it's the desire to go really fast and blow shit up!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Nanuq

Tali-I'm working on my app. for the Navy right now, just finished the ASTB yesterday. P went good too-still 20/20. I also spoke with an AF recruiter but he told me even with my background I only stood about a 20% chance of accept. Then after talking with the Navy it seems my chances were much higher-Havent quite figured that one out yet? Any ideas anyone?

ghost_ttu

AF gets most of it's pilots from the Academy and ROTC. They are very picky about what OTS pilots they choose.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey y'all,

Just wonedering. Does anyone know about the Army's pilot program. I know it's mostly Helicopters but you gotta admit ...... isn't blowing shit up from the seat of an Apache or Cobra somewhat attractive (hehe). Nah but seriously, does anyone have info, it is after all another option.

Just my 2 cents,

-Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.