• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB AirWarriors Thanks!

Aramil

Took the ASTB today at my local OCS Office today. Wanted to say thank you to the Air Warrior community for all the material they put up as well as helpful tips and advice that everyone contributed that helped me succeed.

AQR: 8
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 8
OAR: 63

Im very pleased with my scores and I couldnt have done it without everyone here. So thanks again.

Nick

Lobster

Took the ASTB today at my local OCS Office today. Wanted to say thank you to the Air Warrior community for all the material they put up as well as helpful tips and advice that everyone contributed that helped me succeed.

Im very pleased with my scores and I couldnt have done it without everyone here. So thanks again.

Nick

Nick,

Nice work congrats those are great scores!

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Way to go! Just out of curiosity, when are you planning on applying and what else are you bringing to the table?

Doesn't it feel great to get that test out of the way, it's definitely the biggest step in completing the application process.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
Those are fantastic scores Nick! Great Job and congratulations! Good Luck on your application process.
Cheers!

Aramil

Thanks everyone. I cant even tell you how good it feels to get the ASTB out of the way, Im sure most of you know the feeling.

As for applying, I have my PLC application together with all the required stuff. I just need to get my initial medical screening done sometime within the next 2 weeks or so. Im waiting on a damn hospital to fax my records over and they say they take like 2-3 weeks. I also need to gain about 5 pounds minimum before that happens as Im 6'0, 137 (skinny guy!) and the minimum is 140.

As Im in college now (sophomore), I'll be taking the PLC Juniors this summer. I just need to do well on my PFT (mainly pullups) and gain a little more weight and Im good to go. The toughest part for me will definitly be the physical/weight part. If you guys have any advice I'd be glad to hear it.

jdw006

Peanut butter. Lots of peanut butter. Drink a lot of water too leading up to the physical. A lot of people swear by creatine but it's really just water weight and placebo. You'll get the same effects drinking at least a half gallon of water every day.

Lights Out

Great job on the ASTB! As for the weight just take in a crap ton of calories...I was similar to your size when I went to jrs, (5.10 147#) after about 4 weeks of being at jrs i was about 165-67....so you never know

LooseCannon

Great job,
I am trying to study for either the Air Force (OTS) or Navy (OCS) exam you have to take inorder to get accepted but cant find a good study material where did you go to find good material. I want to practice and score well to be a navigator. If you know of anything let me in on it.

Nick

Aramil

I studied using the gouge listed in the stickied post in this forum. I was also given the Barron's book by my local OCS office. Call them and see if they have any materials that you can borrow or that they can reccomend.

I had my test on Tuesday, and studied Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday afternoon. If you know your test isnt for a few weeks, Id reccomend studying an hour a day for the weeks before your test.

Good luck with your test!

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Good work on the ASTB. To bulk up, work out and eat more calories than you're expending (duh).

phrogpilot73

...gain a little more weight and Im good to go. The toughest part for me will definitly be the physical/weight part. If you guys have any advice I'd be glad to hear it.
I have a three step program that has worked for me in the past:

1. Pizza
2. Beer
3. More Pizza

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
As Im in college now (sophomore), I'll be taking the PLC Juniors this summer. I just need to do well on my PFT (mainly pullups) and gain a little more weight and Im good to go. The toughest part for me will definitly be the physical/weight part. If you guys have any advice I'd be glad to hear it.

Buy this and drink it often.

1. The Worst Drink in America
Baskin-Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake

2,310 calories
108 g fat (64 g saturated)
266 g

Let's look at America's Worst Drink in numbers:

73: The number of ingredients that go into this milkshake.
66: The number of teaspoons of sugar this drink contains.
11: The number of Heath Bars you would have to eat to equal the number of calories found in one Baskin Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake.
12: The average number of minutes it takes to consume this drink.
240: The number of minutes you'd need to spend on a treadmill, running at a moderate pace, to burn it off.

I'm sure one a day will pack on the pounds.