• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Article about Marine Motorcycle fatalities...

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I'm pretty sure that the only thing keeping our CO from banning the entire squadron from riding is the fact that the SgtMaj rides.

snake020

Contributor
I took the new MSF Military Sportbike Course at NAS Atlanta last month. Despite dodging nasty Atlanta traffic in the dark to get there, I actually give a thumbs-up to the course. I was initially frustrated that after having ridden my motorcycle for 5 years and having completed the basic and experienced courses that overnight I was not considered qualified, but having taken the course I will say at least at my location that the material is narrowly focused towards sportbikes unlike the ERC. The training is good for 3 years.

Brunes

pilot
I took the new MSF Military Sportbike Course at NAS Atlanta last month. Despite dodging nasty Atlanta traffic in the dark to get there, I actually give a thumbs-up to the course. I was initially frustrated that after having ridden my motorcycle for 5 years and having completed the basic and experienced courses that overnight I was not considered qualified, but having taken the course I will say at least at my location that the material is narrowly focused towards sportbikes unlike the ERC. The training is good for 3 years.

+2- I was very upset (much like your original post) about being told that my prior experience was not good enuf any more...but having completed the course @ NASWF last weekend-

I give it a thumbs up too- The instructors were great and some of the information was good quality riding info and things that have become habit (good or bad) that get brought back to light. Avoiding complacency and what not... Worth taking without a doubt.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

It isn't you. It is that irresponsible 19 year old who gets a sport bike and decides he would rather race out in the middle of the desert, (with two of his buddies) at night, 7 days before his sport bike course is to begin. He lived long enough to donate a few organs. Yesterday I saw his bike and the other bike involved at the wrecking yard. Certainly not a pretty site.