• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army wings: photoshop skills needed

UMichfly

pilot
None
usn_officer_crest.jpg

Why not just use this instead? :D

07.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Contrary to popular belief, that's not a warfare insignia. It always bugged me to see those (and occasionally wear them) on soft patches in flight school. I think the uniform regs allow it, but it just looks strange. Enlisted don't wear a crow on their name tags....

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Contrary to popular belief, that's not a warfare insignia. It always bugged me to see those (and occasionally wear them) on soft patches in flight school. I think the uniform regs allow it, but it just looks strange. Enlisted don't wear a crow on their name tags....

Yeah thats what I have on my soft patches i have on the flight jacket. My community dosen't has a warfare pin anyway, so thats the best I could do unless a miracle happens and i can get observers wings somehow.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah thats what I have on my soft patches i have on the flight jacket. My community dosen't has a warfare pin anyway, so thats the best I could do unless a miracle happens and i can get observers wings somehow.

Or you could just not put anything on your soft patch, which is what I did until the Nazi-like HT-8 flair police found me.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think the uniform regs allow it, but it just looks strange.
They do not:

Navy Uniform Regs

Velcro Backed Leather Nametag. Nametags shall be made of plain black leather in 2"x4" dimension. Name, rank/rate and duty status (USN) shall be embossed in gold for officers/CPOs and in silver for E6 and below with lettering in block letters, 1/4 inch high. Only one earned breast insiginia may be worn. (Patrol pins not authorized). The insiginia (silver or gold) shall be embossed above the individual's name.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

You and your "facts." I remember that it used to say that you can't, but thought it changed at some point. Anywho, thanks for the backup. The fact that it's not, technically, legal made it even more strange to me that it was/is the way of things at the school house.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor

You are correct we didn't wear a crow. We would have our rating insignia on our soft patches until winged.