• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army-Navy 2008

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I came on here specifically to mock the Army uniforms. Before I came to TBS I couldnt care less about the whole Army/Navy thing, but being in a class that is stacked in USNA alums has me watching the game. The Army uniform has me turning it off. They are just trying way, way too hard with the whole recruiting/hooah mess. I don't know who came up with it and then who approved it, but that trash is hideous.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I don't know, I actually like the uniforms. Navy's new uniforms look great I think. As for that video, props for using Andrew WK. GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love beating Army just as much as the next guy, but I've been spoiled (like many of you). The last time we lost was the year before I was a plebe. The beauty of Army/Navy (aside from the pageantry and history) is the balance of the competition and the fire and enthusiasm that drives it. Unfortunately, this year has fallen far short. I need some more excitement!

Spoiled indeed...:D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now, don't get me wrong. I love beating Army just as much as the next guy, but I've been spoiled (like many of you). The last time we lost was the year before I was a plebe. The beauty of Army/Navy (aside from the pageantry and history) is the balance of the competition and the fire and enthusiasm that drives it. Unfortunately, this year has fallen far short. I need some more excitement!

Spoiled indeed...:D

Yeah...try seeing ONE (1) win over Army over four years, including a whole crap-load of near misses, blown leads and Army miracles.

I'll take the routs, thanks. :icon_tong

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Generic question about the game:

Why do the mids/cadets wear patches of various units on their jerseys? What dictates what patches get worn?

phrogpilot73

Generic question about the game:

Why do the mids/cadets wear patches of various units on their jerseys? What dictates what patches get worn?
It's a nod to the fleet. They both view this as a game for the United States Army/United States Navy and Marine Corps. Units from all around the country send in patches. My roommate was on the team and he said Seniors get first choice on the patches, everyone else just grabs one. There are some times that they don't wear ones mailed to them. Reggie Campbell's brother was a Capt in the Big Red One, so he got permission to wear that patch in the big game...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They shacked 'em on that drop. Bevo, do you have a picture? I googled it but couldn't find the pelican-shit helmets.

web_081206-N-0696M-167.jpg

web_081206-N-4565G-780.jpg

web_081206-N-5345W-819.jpg

Not HJ Photos

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
What was with the douchebag middies wearing FOOTBALL JERSEYS OVER THEIR DRESS BLUES???

Really?

Glad to see you ringknockers crushed Army...Go Navy