• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are pilot slots always available?

Eric Becker

Will there be open pilot slots to compete for in oct '13? I currently have a ground contract and would like to switch to air.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Yes, but only for one day. Competition will be limited to how many touchdowns you scored in high school. Good luck...

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude...please search the forum. This specific question was just asked earlier this week. God kills a brand new 2nd Lt every time a repetitive question gets asked here. Think of your friends!

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
Will there be open pilot slots to compete for in oct '13? I currently have a ground contract and would like to switch to air.
My company had one competitive air slot that went to the #2 Lt in the company. Do super awesome at TBS and you might get whatever your company is allotted. Getting your ASTB scores now will prevent you from having to do the one at TBS (which happens to be held at the end of an already impossibly long day).

Eric Becker

My company had one competitive air slot that went to the #2 Lt in the company. Do super awesome at TBS and you might get whatever your company is allotted. Getting your ASTB scores now will prevent you from having to do the one at TBS (which happens to be held at the end of an already impossibly long day).
How would I go about taking the ASTB before I leave for TBS? Please do not tell me to talk to my OSO. He is zero help and he has already told me that I HAVE to wait until TBS.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
How would I go about taking the ASTB before I leave for TBS? Please do not tell me to talk to my OSO. He is zero help and he has already told me that I HAVE to wait until TBS.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/Pages/ASTBFrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Locations that commonly administer the ASTB include:
  • Naval Officer Recruiting Stations
  • NROTC units at many major universities
  • Marine Corps Officer Selection Offices (OSOs)
  • Military Institutes
  • Navy Personnel Support Detachments (PSDs)

Navy Ship

H
You can call a local NROTC unit to set up an ASTB test date. Or you can try a Navy / Marines recruiting office that hosts the ASTB. Call at least one and ask them what locations are available. Good luck, don't forget to check out the 1001 questions thread in the ASTB section!

silver236

None
Currently, Delta Company has 1 competitive Air Slot.
Delta Company competitive air just increased to 10. Still 1 NFO. Our staff XO said 10 competitive SNA MAY be unprecedented, so it may be a sign or we are just lucky.

I heard none of the 40 Lts, who showed interest from Delta, passed the ASTB. I believe they're retaking it sometime next week.

I agree with JohnyonThaSpot. If the company has competitive air slots, then you will be that much of ahead. All you'll have to do is concentrate on doing well at TBS. I can speak of this because I am on the same boat. Are you slated for 1-14, Alpha?

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I heard none of the 40 Lts, who showed interest from Delta, passed the ASTB. I believe they're retaking it sometime next week.

Please keep this to yourself - for two reasons.

1) It's embarrassing...the ASTB isn't THAT hard. Especially for 6/6/6s.

2) It's probably not true.