• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April PLC Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
Has anyone here heard any news back from the board that met on fri or today? I am up for PLC Air Contract and was wondering if anyone got any early news?

Trev82

pilot
well the SSGT at my OSO's ofc got an email informing him that the board won't be meeting until next week. "To all,
> The PLC board has been moved to April 26-27 instead of 19-20."
>
> S/F,
> Maj T

Hopefully we hear some good news at that time!

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I dont know whether or not our boards met during the same time... I'm in San Diego and we heard last Friday. Keep in mind that I'm going OCC, which could also be different in terms of notification. Good luck, and see you guys in Quantico.
-Disregard! I misread the above message. I guess it would be difficult to be selected if the board hasnt met yet. Thank you, Major.

Trev82

pilot
sorry my email was a little misleading, i'm an occ 190 candidate and the major sent that email to my oso's ofc. Its probably different throughout the various regions, but i could be very mistaken. I'm definitly as anxious as ever to hear back.

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
The OCC board convened on Friday, April 15, in San Diego. And yes, the PLC board is set for Tuesday, April 26. If someone is confused about which program they are in or wants to know whether or not they got selected, PM me and I'll send them the info they need.

Box

I heard the board met, but is waiting for a final signature to release the names, but wont be released untill monday. Or is this another board?

CUBoulder

I got the good word today. I have been accepted for PLC Juniors Combined with an air contract. Ooooh-ah.

cast-n-blast

I too was selected for PLC-Air. Capt. Jones told me just a few hours ago. Did I see you this last weekend at Wash. park? I presume you'll be at pre OCS on the 29th?

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
CUBoulder said:
I got the good word today. I have been accepted for PLC Juniors Combined with an air contract. Ooooh-ah.

Don't use Ooooh-ah, it's so army and so gay. Marines say Ooooh-rah. I'm not a Marine yet so I just don't say anything. :) :icon_mi_1 :D :p ;) :icon_smil :eek: :icon_wink :tongue2_1 -max smilies to keep all Airwarriors posters happy. Congrats though to everyone who was selected.

cast-n-blast

Flymarines,
I've read a few of your posts and I must say that your attitude isn't going to help you in the service ( Read your bio... enough said). Show a little respect for a fellow branch of the Armed Forces and find something better to do than argue the semantics of another person's post. It's simple, If you don't have something good to post...dont post!

CUBoulder

I didn't go last weekend cause I had to work but I did a PFT the week before. Where are you getting your cammies for pre-ocs?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats to you guys that selected on this last board. PLC is an outstanding program. For those of you still applying ....If you're shooting for an air contract (you wouldn't be on this board if you weren't) stick with it! I was OCS complete and my air contract was still being reviewed and the OSO was pressing me to just commission as a ground contract. That meant I would have had to compete for and air slot at TBS. Being persistent paid off in the long run. I told my OSO that I had no problem holding off on my commission until the flight contract came through. Sure enough, over 2 months after my original commission date it came through and I commissioned as an air guy.

Point is, stick to your guns and don't back down.

Once again, good luck to you guys.

outlawz2323

Man I've been waiting for this week to come for like 2 months....and now they say I have to wait another week....geez the wait is killin me....anybody else goin to PLC combned this summer feelin the way i am right now???

Status
Not open for further replies.