• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

Things like this make me appreciate my recruiter a lot: I called him earlier today not realizing the military had today as a holiday as well...he immediately called me back even tho he has the day off and asked what I needed. I told him enjoy his vacation and I'll call him when he's actually on the clock lol.

Last edited:

Bronco

Lurking Member
Things like this make me appreciate my recruiter a lot: I called him earlier today not realizing the military had today as a holiday as well...he immediately called me back even tho he has the day and asked what I needed. I told him enjoy his vacation and I'll call him when he's actually on the clock lol.

Mine was texting me on Easter Sunday!

I know my kit is going to be cutting it close, and by close I mean within days.

Me too.

Really hope my kit will make it in time. My OR said that he had it submitted by the end of last week... What am I doing while I wait? Finishing up my degree, gym...

Second that. Staying positive though.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My recruiter is a lazy asshole. I do all of his work for him

Telling it from a recruiter perspective, recruiters have priorities. A NUPOC applicant with a chemical engineering degree with a 3.65 GPA is going to have a higher priority than someone with a management degree and a 2.59 GPA. They're going to work a lot more and spend more time/effort with the first applicant than with the second. Reason being, the first applicant is more competitive and likely to get selected. Personally, I work somewhere around 25-30 applicants at one time and my focus is always getting the competitive applicants to the board the soonest. Don't get me wrong, I will never blow off the less competitive applicants, but my priority is getting the cream of the crop to the boards.

The_Pants

I know my kit is going to be cutting it close, and by close I mean within days.

I couldn't agree more.
mine as well. i am somewhat skeptical that it made it to the board since i needed a hand written statement that should have been rectified awhile back...oh well. next board here i come!!!

brogdawg32

mine as well. i am somewhat skeptical that it made it to the board since i needed a hand written statement that should have been rectified awhile back...oh well. next board here i come!!!
If I'm a non-select I'll be right there with you with my 58/8/8/8 on my ASTB retest ;)

Jay Mouton

Question for my fellow aviation hopefuls:

Assuming we all get selected, survive the NAMI Whammy, successfully complete OCS, perform like Rock stars in API enough to have our choice of platform, and have the stars align perfectly enough for the “needs of the Navy” to match said choice; which aircraft would you like to fly? List your top two.

1) Poseidon
2) Rhino

Facepalm

SNA hopeful

Assuming we all get selected, survive the NAMI Whammy, successfully complete OCS, perform like Rock stars in API enough to have our choice of platform, and have the stars align perfectly enough for the “needs of the Navy” to match said choice; which aircraft would you like to fly? List your top two.

1) Poseidon
2) Rhino

My exact choices, also in that order.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6

1) Poseidon
2) Rhino
Too many bridges to cross yet. All I really want to think about right now is the content within Appendix Bravo.

But because you asked, assuming my NSS is where it should be, I'll probably submit 1) Tailhook 2) Maritime 3) Helos out of Primary. That is as far into the future as I am comfortabe with thinking right now. Still way too far off to even be a serious thought.

Elcid2012

1) Poseidon
2) Rhino

I agree with @AaronJB, but I would have no problem flying anything the Navy decided to put me in. I'll do anything to get out of a cubicle. Best of luck to all you guys.

cb812

SNA
If I'm a non-select I'll be right there with you with my 58/8/8/8 on my ASTB retest ;)

Those would be some good scores! :cool:

I agree with a few of you guys... one step at a time; just trying to get into OCS right now. But if the world was perfect and I had my choice, I would make the Navy un-retire a Tomcat or possibly be first dude to go from Advanced straight into the JSF...

Realistically, I would love to yank and bank a Super Hornet.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Those would be some good scores! :cool:

I agree with a few of you guys... one step at a time; just trying to get into OCS right now. But if the world was perfect and I had my choice, I would make the Navy un-retire a Tomcat or possibly be first dude to go from Advanced straight into the JSF...

Realistically, I would love to yank and bank a Super Hornet.
I'd like to be a fighter jockey like I'm sure the rest of would be. That said at this point I would be happy just to get a flight spot.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
1) P-3/P-8
2) C-2
3) TACAMO (E-6B)

Please don't give me an F/A-18. Probably the only guy in the world who doesn't want to fly one.
I'm with you there. I've heard jet pilots are more likely to get sort of "burned out," and while I wanted jets when I started out, I'm leaning towards P-8's and E-6's.
Just a heads-up, when you finish Primary, your 4 choices for the dream sheet will likely be: Jets, Helos, tailhook (E-2/C-2), and multi-engine maritime (as in landbased - P-3/P-8/E-6). After you get one of those pipelines and finish further training, then you'll narrow it down to specific aircraft. Further, I've heard that the vast majority of people who pick the tailhook pipeline get E-2's, although that will vary between classes. But yeah, I'm hoping to pick multi-engine, and then if there's an E-6 slot that no one wants, I'll grab that.