• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Off topic to pass the time...but is anyone into alt currencies/cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin? If not I would consider investing.
Here's a good article to get you started http://www.forbes.com/sites/duncanr...here-to-stay-a-quick-guide-to-cryptocurrency/
I've considered it, but mostly I've just followed along with passing interest. Since I am a comp sci guy I'm fascinated it from a technological perspective, with concepts such as proof of work, a public ledger, transaction verification and its decentralized model. I don't have any money invested in any of the cryptos because I'm afraid of having to list it as foreign currency on the forms we've had to deal with. As well as it existing in a weird legal grey area in between property and a currency. While a knowledgeable OPM investigator might understand what I was talking about, I'd rather not take that risk.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The next rolling Pilot/NFO/SWO board (besides the one meeting next week) is in the summertime, so anytime between the first day of summer and the last. Just like the "within 90 days" idea, it can be sooner, or it can be later. Stop asking myself (it gets annoying - trust me) and NOPO and whenever either of us has an information about dates we'll post them.

Kees

SNA Select
"On April 23, 2014 the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its gamers. It's purpose was to teach the art of carrier-based gaming and to insure that the handful of men who graduated were the best UAV aerialists in the world.

They succeeded.

Today, the Navy calls it Unmanned Carrier Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike. The gamers call it: Top Dood."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/23/top-gun-drones-squadrons-carrier-based-killers-hav/

A little something to help pass the time. Cheers!

brogdawg32

Haha, I'm not a gamer... I just looked up some gamer lingo and it said "dood's" were cool, so I figured it'd work. It was that or LEEROY JENKINS!!!
Haha I'm a "gamer" and I expected better...Much disappoint.

Leeroy is a classic. Even tho it's fake/planned....funny as hell

varlogkern

Haha I'm a "gamer" and I expected better...Much disappoint.

Leeroy is a classic. Even tho it's fake/planned....funny as hell
Shameless admission: Even though I've been playing video games since, well, a while, I didn't understand the Leroy Jenkins reference until earlier this year. Ehh, you win some you lose some.

brogdawg32

Hah unfortunately since i graduated in feb and started working full time I barely play anymore. After working I go smash gym and then make room for friends/relationships...by the time I get home I don't have energy to waste on video games. Growing up sucks, give me back my video games!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Growing up sucks, give me back my video games!
Hey dawg, like it or not... you've outgrown your vid games, but 'no sweat' BoySan', if you work hard and play your cards right. you'll be playing games in multi-$M machines @ mach+, on Uncle's dime. It's like shedding your trike and stepping into a Ferrari. Doesn't get much better than that!;)
VFA-146-3.jpg
BzB

varlogkern

Hey dawg, like it or not... you've outgrown your vid games, but 'no sweat' BoySan', if you work hard and play your cards right. you'll be playing games in multi-$M machines @ mach+, on Uncle's dime. It's like shedding your trike and stepping into a Ferrari. Doesn't get much better than that!;)
View attachment 13650
BzB
So you mean we actually get to graduate from virtual simulations... to big boy toys?! Sign me up!

brogdawg32

"Brogdawg32 likes this" to both the above posts.

It's why we're all here...making sacrifices to serve our country, video games are quite the small price to pay. And we get big boy toys, sweet deal!