• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Appropriate Winging Gift

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
batman527 said:
no offense to the helo community intended. just trying to point out that there is something for you dorks too.
Big words from somebody who hasn't even been accepted yet.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
batman527 said:
*Ding Ding Ding Ding* I'm sorry, that response is incorrect. "Big words from somebody who JUST got accepted" would have been considered correct in this case. Also, I was just teasing. I thought that's what everyone was about on this site.
I'm all about flinging crap at others. But your post did not come across as teasing.

Even though you are now accepted, you are still a wanna-be that has yet to prove himself with anyone on this site. I find it very presumptuous for a wanna-be to call a winged Navy pilot a dork because he flies helos. Save the inter-service and aircraft rivalry for those that have earned it.

Although your profile says "I WILL get jets", since you are trying to be a Marine the truth is that you have a better chance of getting helos assuming you make it that far.

I'm all about "teasing" and sling crap at others, but know your limitations. A wanna-be slinging crap at a military pilot for flying helos is like me as a P-3 NFO telling an LSO how to wave aircraft aboard the carrier.

Now if I had posted about rainbows and you replied with a smart a$$ remark, that would have be different. You also need to learn to use the smilies to effectively convey humor, sarcasm, etc.

BTW congrats on being accepted - I know it IS a big deal and an important first step toward your goals. Many apply and many are rejected. You have been accepted - make the most of the opportunity and in a few years after you get winged, you can call my beloved P-3 a skypig or make fun of my 2 anchors and we'll have a good laugh.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
batman527 said:
sorry HAL, I'm still trying to figure out the limits on this forum. I had a thread a couple of days ago where I thought some people were being dicks, so I wrote a post in a similar tone to the one you have here. People jumped all over me, saying I "needed thicker skin" and "maybe the military isn't for you" and a bunch of nonsense like that.

I have never, and would never disrespect a member of the military, especially in the aviation community. I am however at a complete loss as to what is and what is not acceptable on this forum. I'm sorry for the confusion and impression of disrespect.

Also, thank you for the congratulations. Once I get to a point in my career where we can joke about this, I promise to buy you a drink.
Well you just learned one of your first military lessons: there are no hard and fast rules......

This is my particular pet peeve. Some may think it is bull$hit and an over-reaction. But military lesson number 2: the senior officer makes the rules - and his rules are usually a moving target. :eek: (but wait, I thought lesson 1 said.....)

A "thick skin" is a must in the military, especially in aviation. Don't sweat it. And if I ever do claim to like rainbows - I'll expect to see your crap flying my way. :D

(BTW I am a moderator and sometimes I am at a lost over what is acceptable too. Some of my stuff probably stretches the limits.... )

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To Breitling or not to Breitling...

NavyWife2001 said:
My hubby said to get him a Breitling. :) Every Aviator "needs" one! (or so HE says!!!!)

I'd wait on a Breitling...many squadrons are doing their own Brietling orders and that would mean more later...unless you want to drop $1500 x2

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Chuckster ... I can even smell the JP and sweat off of your pictures.

Tonkin Gulf ... ??? BZ, Brother .....

What they're wearing at Oceana..taken last week at O'Club..note 3 distinct styles (CWU-45, G-1 and the A4s favorite...

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
heyjoe said:
I'd wait on a Breitling...many squadrons are doing their own Brietling orders and that would mean more later...unless you want to drop $1500 x2

That's one badass watch. I like the Tomcat logo. Man I wish they weren't being retired.

BlkPny

pilot
I'm giving the first one my sword, and the second one my flight jacket (the one WITHOUT the patches! He can earn his own.) I will also personally pin on a set of my old wings on each one. Cheap, yet meaningful.

SamTheEagle

I second the watch idea. It's really useful to a pilot. The only thing is, its not cheap. A nice one will cost several hundred dollars. Don't get a cheap one...they're not worth it.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Several hundred...try like 1500-2500 dollars...like heyjoe said...wait for the squadron multi-buys...saves you a bundle..

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
batman527 said:
we'll make Crowbar the exception to the rule. And let me clarify, I gave Crowbar respect initially. He lost it.

Stop. Threadjacking.

on topic: Pretty much any "----- of the Month" is awesome. I always ask for people to suprise me with stuff like that when they ask what I want for Xmas/birthday. Beer, steaks, scotch, bacon (yes bacon). Nick-knacks are cool, and I know people want to get something aviation related, but something that will actually be used and appreciated on a regular basis shows creativity and will be remembered.

Brooklyn

Asian imports makes a great display showcasing any number of aircraft you desire. I would love to be given a display like this, with all of the birds I've driven on my way to winging day:
Models%20on%201%20Base%20-%20300x300%20ready.jpg

Here's the link to their page:
https://www.asianimportsinc.com/prod_list_th.asp?pl=np

NavyWife2001

heyjoe said:

That is awesome, I didn't know that. How much do they get them for? The only ones I find that he likes are the $5,000. That is crazy, my engagement ring didn't even cost that much! ;)