• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Dates

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
Things are always in flux - API, VT's, the RAG, the Fleet...
Nothing in the Navy's for certain until it happens. And sometimes not even then.

My old WEPS officer used to say "Today's POD is written on paper. Tomorrow's is written in jello." :D

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
API with PPL

Anybody down at API currently know if the waiting game is all the same for those going directly to API without going to IFS? Will I most likely be waiting for months to class up, or is the backup mainly for those waiting for IFS? I understand that it is a constantly changing wait down there, just trying to get an estimate of how long I should plan on being in P-cola if I skip IFS.

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
Anybody down at API currently know if the waiting game is all the same for those going directly to API without going to IFS? Will I most likely be waiting for months to class up, or is the backup mainly for those waiting for IFS? I understand that it is a constantly changing wait down there, just trying to get an estimate of how long I should plan on being in P-cola if I skip IFS.

I got down here from OCS early last August, I start IFS in a week. A friend of mine that graduated OCS with me and checked in at the same time has his PPL and doesn't need IFS. He is still waiting for an API date. So with that being said, he has been here for about 5 months and still has yet to hear anything about classing up for API. If you are going NFO they may push you through since the tide seems to be turning in that direction. Best advice would be to get down here and prepare to not know anything regarding your class up date.

Mavric09

Is that what she said?
As of 8 Jan when I went into Flt Management and asked, they are classing up pilots on board 27-28 weeks. I'm at 20 weeks and start IFS in two weeks sooo. Last word was FO's are still moving faster. If there were almost no wait for API then you would get in faster if you were IFS complete but right now everyone's able to get IFS done and the wait is still the wait. They told us before christmas that corpus is slowing down spots for awhile , didn't mention why.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
They told us before christmas that corpus is slowing down spots for awhile , didn't mention why.

TW-4 has an aircraft availability issue. And winter weather in the coastal bend doesn't help things either. We have a massive stud backup at the moment.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

I checked in a couple years ago at this same time of year, and my wait (not needing IFS) was 2 weeks before I classed for API. I was gone to Corpus 7 weeks after that, actually flying about a month and a half after that. Back then, the wait was indeed primarily for those who needed IFS (and SNFO's always had a longer wait), but that may have changed

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
They are currently classing up people who have been here on average 27 weeks. They are dangling Vance to anyone who doesn't want to wait that long and the rumor is NFO's will go quicker too provided they are IFS complete.

ccxc

What are the pros and cons to going to Vance, Krafty1? I know that is mainly AF student pilots but what is the purpose? From reading your post I was just curious about the difference, or any other person that has been to Vance for training.