• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apartments in Corpus Christi

MasterBates

Who was in the T-34 that came to NQI that I had to wave off..

(If you put your gear down, the flashing red lights go away)

Brooklet425

P3 Wife
The Summit on Saratoga is pretty nice. It's right across from the HEB Plus (big grocery store) and 15 min from base. It's close to everywhere you'd actually want to go in Corpus and far enough away from all the places you really wouldn't want to go.

The lease paperwork is nearly endless, but they're very quick to handle anything that needs attention. (I commented that our garbage disposal seemed kind of rusty and they installed a new one the next day). We filled out our application and had confirmation that we were in the very next day. They do have the military clause right in the lease paperwork and we got a cheaper rate by signing up for the full year.

It's kind of bad if you have pets though. $400 pet deposit, only $100 of which is refundable. There are also two pools, some tennis courts, and a fitness center.

Ditto on the Summit. We lived there too and aside from the fact that its an older apartment, we didn't have many issues with them at all. Its not as "pretty" as some other apartments, but the rent is decent, and I personally thought the apartments themselves were pretty spacious with a lot of storage. Our water heater broke once, just completely died and we had no hot water at all. It took them less than 24 hours to install a brand new one. I was pretty impressed by that since I thought we'd spend more than a day with no hot water. Pet deposits are pretty high, but I've found that to be true from a lot of apartments in general. I worked at the Whataburger National Headquarters office which was 2 miles down the road from the apartment. My fiance had a 15 minute drive into work each day. I'd actually recommend staying OFF the island (although I know a lot of people will disagree with me) because if you are working as well as your husband, you are going to have a MUCH longer drive to work. The Summit was in a perfect place for both of us. And as mentioned before, the HEB Plus is right across the street and you're pretty close to everything else in town that you'll need. Just my 2 cents :)

Cantstandya

Compass bay apartments off Commodores Dr. is a pretty good apt unit. The weather on the Padre Island is never an indicator of weather over NAS CC.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Compass bay apartments off Commodores Dr. is a pretty good apt unit. The weather on the Padre Island is never an indicator of weather over NAS CC.
Thats the honest truth. There have been quite a few times where I left my house in the sun and drove into 1/4 mile vis and fog on base - strange place.

guidoverduci

I was recently stationed at NAS Corpus Christi. We came across Bay Area Rental Management. The realtors half-heartedly helped us look for a rental property and we ended up finding one. My wife and I told them that we would be getting a roommate a month later and they said don't worry about it, he doesn't need to be on the lease. We thought they were being kind. Come to find out, they won't give us our deposit back because we "sub-leased"!! Plus my orders had me leaving on 8 Jun, and they wouldn't pro-rate the rent. We had to pay the entire months rent. They are the only rental place on the island that doesn't pro-rate for military!! STAY AWAY!!

Bevo16

pilot
I also second the Beach Club. Crime is a lot lower on the island, and the scene is a lot nicer. Live on the beach while you can.

incubus852

pilot
Check out Breezeways of Encantada. Newer than the Beach Club (around one year old), nicer as well, possibly cheaper - $1350 f/ 3bed 3 1/2 bath, 2 car garage. (On the island as well...)

This company has several apts there and has been pretty decent to deal with:

http://www.rentalmgmt.com/

Try giving them a ring to see if they have any open apts. We're all leaving in a month or so... :D

In addition, I'd recommend just driving around the island canals. There are a lot ofduplexes/houses for rent. Look for the for rent signs.

And try craigslist.

Hope that helps, good luck.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Woulda been nice to get 1350 at the breezeways. I'm paying 1600 a month, but its worth it to live somewhere nice and safe and a mile from the beach.

incubus852

pilot
And a work week in corpus.

Plan on one event per day after ground school is complete. 2 hrs of prebrief, 2 hours of flight, 1 hour of debrief is a norm.

They don't give leave really... you can get friday at 1630 to monday at 0730 fairly easily, but don't expect anything else unless it's a three-day weekend. I would imagine the make exceptions for weddings...

Then again you might get the "YOU'RE HERE TO TRAIN," response and a swift kick out the ops door.

incubus852

pilot
Woulda been nice to get 1350 at the breezeways. I'm paying 1600 a month, but its worth it to live somewhere nice and safe and a mile from the beach.

geez you got reemed. but regardless, considering the rathole excuses for apts in other larger cities i've been exhorted for, i'd happily pay 1600 for breezeways still.

Boom2

pilot
We had a legal brief in six a month or two back and they informed us that "the military clause" is federal law, it doesn't have to actually show up in the lease, it's automatically included in all leases where a service member is involved. In Florida the legal dept uses the FL law over the Fed law because the FL law is more favorable to the servicemember. I have no idea about TX but the fed law still applies.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
If I was going to do it again, I'd live on the island, especially with that new HEB getting built between base and Padre. There's a complex out there past the Islander that a few of my friends lived at--can't remember the name but it's referenced here that I'd probably look at.

If you want to live on the mainland like I did, though, Summer House Apartments was a very nice place to live. They've got one and two bedroom units on a second floor, garage underneath, and the management was some of the best I've ever dealt with. The places are a little older but pretty well kept up.

If you have a dog or two, BayPoint Resort apartments are pretty good. I live there now with my husband and our 2 shetland sheepdogs. They have a dog park on property, and the apartments overlook the water. Pretty good, we've never had any issues.