• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apartments in Corpus Christi

ajb624

Can anyone recommend apartments with 6 month leases in Corpus Christi? Also does anyone know what a work week is like for Primary. My fiance and I have started planning our wedding in Pensacola and will now have to fly in for the occasion. I just want to make sure that he will be able to leave for a weekend.

Thanks

gaetabob

pilot
Don't worry about a 6 month lease, because Texas has a military clause with leases. Appartments tend to charge less if you sign a full year's lease, and you can get out when you need to. There are a couple decent appartments off Ennis Joslin & S.P.I.D. Your best bet is to find something on the island (N. Padre)...there are a few condos and townhomes for rent for nearly the same price as a good appartment.

The work week varies in primary. Some weeks he'll have something monday through friday, sometimes even a Saturday or Sunday. Then there'll be times he might only have one event, or none at all. It Just varies around here...

There are a few threads on here listing places in Corpus to check out. When are y'all looking to move to Corpus?

I don't know about vt-27 but in 28, you would have no problem taking leave for a weekend for a wedding, especially if you are the one getting married. The only issues they have is when leave interferes with the work week.

Rocky3168

If you want to live 100ft. from the ocean, check out the beach club. I was there for a year and loved it. PM me with any questions.

gtg941f

pilot
Baypoint Resorts and Alta Bayside are both quite nice and are very close to the base (both front and back gate access).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
+1 on the beachclub. It's a bit far to drive downtown to the clubs and whatnot, but not TOO bad. You are a block from the beach.

Oh and your workweek will vary between being double-pumped every day for a week straight (two events per day) and probably spending 16 hours or so on base preparing and studying before and in between events, to sitting on your ass hating skeds for an ENTIRE WEEK or more of doing nothing at a time.

There is no regular schedule.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Oh and your workweek will vary between being double-pumped every day for a weeks straight (two events per day) and probably spending 16 hours or so on base preparing and studying before and in between events, to sitting on your ass hating skeds for an ENTIRE WEEK or more of doing nothing at a time.

There is no regular schedule.

Welcome to Naval Aviation! :)

Just stay away from the Veranda. Bad traffic on Staples St. and they'll screw you to the max when you move out. As for your wedding, talk to your flight leader/skeds once you're all checked in- they should work with you to get time off for that.

nugget81

pilot
I would recommend the Reserve at Saratoga at Staples & Saratoga. It's across the street from HEB Plus, has easy access to the freeways, a short 15 min drive to base, and the beach isn't too much farther. Then again, I'm a city slicker and like living in town where things are easy to get to....

Bogey hit it on the head for your primary schedule. The only time it is consistent is during the first week, which is ground school.

Gulltrek

The Summit on Saratoga is pretty nice. It's right across from the HEB Plus (big grocery store) and 15 min from base. It's close to everywhere you'd actually want to go in Corpus and far enough away from all the places you really wouldn't want to go.

The lease paperwork is nearly endless, but they're very quick to handle anything that needs attention. (I commented that our garbage disposal seemed kind of rusty and they installed a new one the next day). We filled out our application and had confirmation that we were in the very next day. They do have the military clause right in the lease paperwork and we got a cheaper rate by signing up for the full year.

It's kind of bad if you have pets though. $400 pet deposit, only $100 of which is refundable. There are also two pools, some tennis courts, and a fitness center.

MSkinsATC

pilot
Thats a sign over the briefing room in SDO. It states "Get weather-cancelled like a CHAMP today!"

:D

Those of us in RIs have no such luck... traffic was REDONKULOUS tonight..

Question is can you name the Ensign who made and hung that sign over the form briefing space...haha...yeah its been there for a LONG time. BTW I would not suggest Baypoint, pretty expensive, and you can get much better in town, and even out on the island.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats a sign over the briefing room in SDO. It states "Get weather-cancelled like a CHAMP today!"

:D

Those of us in RIs have no such luck... traffic was REDONKULOUS tonight..

As our resident Primary students can attest, weather will pay a major role in determining how your week will progress. Today for example had a few clouds here and there, but horrendous visibility. That's fine for radio instruments but very challenging to get the x on a Contact flight.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
As our resident Primary students can attest, weather will pay a major role in determining how your week will progress. Today for example had a few clouds here and there, but horrendous visibility. That's fine for radio instruments but very challenging to get the x on a Contact flight.

Approach was up to his neck in planes tonight...he was getting pissed. I was holding at RYNOL for 30 minutes.....