• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AOCS Class 20-89

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
41-86

Also... @Tail-slide ...there’s an AOCS reunion held in Pensacola every two years. The last one was in September of 2019...it was a two day event and it was a freaking good time.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
AOCS went away and everyone went through regular OCS somewhere in the 1997-98 timeframe. AOCS was a completely different animal than OCS.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, most of us know that, HAL. The kid isn't aware of the distinction. Thankfully you're here to point out how much better AOCS grads are than lowly OCS grads...we should probably put an asterisk next to our commission. Oh wait, it's the same as yours. Just pee on the corner of the table next time and move along.

Don't worry about it @Tail-slide...welcome to Airwarriors. A lot of good information for you future officers here. HAL just wants you to make sure you're paying attention to details.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Since AOCS 20-89 means the 20th class of 1989, I assume @Tail-slide was commissioned over 30 years ago and is not a future officer.

I’ve also never said that AOCS commissioned were better officers than OCS commissioned. In the past I’ve said AOCS was a different program that was more physically challenging with more mind-fuck games by the DIs than OCS. You just need to look at the attrition rates of the two to see this. But I’ve never said OCS guys did not deserve their commission or were of less quality.

Takes some Motrin and change your tampon.

Last edited:

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, most of us know that, HAL. The kid First Post isn't aware of the distinction through me for a loop. Thankfully you're, STILL, here to point out how much better AOCS grads are than lowly OCS grads...we should probably put an asterisk next to our commission. Oh wait, it's the same as yours. Just pee on the corner of the table next time and move along.

Don't worry about it @Tail-slide...welcome to Airwarriors. A lot of good information for you future PAST officers here. HAL just wants you to make sure you're I'M paying attention to details.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Since AOCS 20-89 means the 20th class of 1989, I assume @Tail-slide was commissioned over 30 years ago and is not a future officer.

I’ve also never said that AOCS commissioned were better officers than OCS commissioned. In the past I’ve said AOCS was a different program that was more physically challenging with more mind-fuck games by the DIs than OCS. You just need to look at the attrition rates of the two to see this. But I’ve never said OCS guys did not deserve their commission or were of less quality.

Takes some Motrin and change your tampon.
?‍♂️Yeah, fully aware they are "different" programs. Also fully aware that a lot of AOCS was imported to Newport -- we ate goose shit in the sand and we liked it. OCS today is not what it was when I went through. And I probably had it easier than you guys. I was simply poking fun at you old farts. You guys are too serious sometimes!

On the other hand, I saw Officer and a Gentleman...seemed pretty cake to me. Just sayin...