• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anytime Allah

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
What you're missing is Air Warriors is decidedly NOT your community or service for that matter

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I was a member at AirWarriors. Am I not?

So, it's all par for the course when the AF is the target of ribbing and name calling (and not just the fun stuff, but frequently down-and-dirty name calling, outright insults, slander, finger-pointing, etc), but it's grounds for war when I use a ready-room term to describe the almighty F-14 (and not even in a context that was really intended to bust on the jet anyway)? Absolutely ridiculous.

The fact Air Force has underestimated opponents more than once and lost aircraft not to mention putting guys in prison or worse due to front office on down attitudes of superiority and vaunted patch wearers deciding tactics from afar from Vietnam through Desert Storm.

Of course, the mighty Navy has NEVER made such errors. It's all been pristine Mr Clean ever since that first trap. How do you guys do it with such perfection?

HJ, you're usually the voice of calm and reason around here...what's happened? More importantly, how's the view from the ivory tower?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
santascream.jpg

That's me in the middle ... :)

In the spirit of the (coming) season ... I think you two should HUG IT OUT !!! RIGHT NOW !!!

PEACE & LOVE !!! NAVY-STYLE !!!

peacesymbolnavystyle.jpg

Now ... back to crushing Iranians ...
:)

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
No Ari Gold 'hug it out, bitch'?

It's all good to me. If I didn't want to play, I would have long since taken my ball home and cried myself to sleep.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, never had a camera or a HUD for that matter (it's sad when your car has a HUD and your jet never did!) but I will say that MPRA on your side is the great equalizer.

FIFY.

And in that regard, Iran still loses. Heck, they only have one aircraft. . . :)

Iranian P-3F.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
FIFY.

And in that regard, Iran still loses. Heck, they only have one aircraft. . . :)

For a second I thought you were gonna bring up the EP-3's "perfect" air-to-air record. (Well, 1-0 is perfect, right?)

navyao

Even the Iranians fly freak'n Charlies! When I got to the Reserves we flew Super B's, WTF?

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Anyone else think it's funny that the thread title translates as "Anytime, God"?

Ok, now we can get back to debating... Go! :)

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
And I expose my obvious noobishness. Didn't know that. Thanks Jmcquate. Nice patch though.

navyao

From the chin pods those look like early As. I thought the B+ and the C are the same thing.

Hmmm? I don't know. The Iranian bird has the bouy tubes on the belly. The A & B had a retractable panel and the AO Aircrewman would fire LUU-2B sonobouy's from inside the a/c. I remember going on det. with Charlie CACC's and being very envious of their load teams because they didn't have to hump those freak'n bouys up that ladder. Our IRST camera was retractable too. We had a door under the radome and the IRST would drop out of the door for the TACCO's use.

jmcquate

Contributor
Hmmm? I don't know. The Iranian bird has the bouy tubes on the belly. The A & B had a retractable panel and the AO Aircrewman would fire LUU-2B sonobouy's from inside the a/c. I remember going on det. with Charlie CACC's and being very envious of their load teams because they didn't have to hump those freak'n bouys up that ladder. Our IRST camera was retractable too. We had a door under the radome and the IRST would drop out of the door for the TACCO's use.

My mistake, I thought from the Vark patch that you your talking about F-14s.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
From the chin pods those look like early As. I thought the B+ and the C are the same thing.

If you are talkng P-3s, the P-3B+ (Super B) and baseline P-3C were completely different birds - asw processors, radars, nav suite, comm suite, sonobuoy launching, etc.