• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone see this?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
So I am torn between sympathy for him....words words words

See...you shoulda quit while you were ahead. You had it right yesterday.

There is nothing...no amount of stress, no "bad situation"...nothing which justifies depraved cruelety.

To try to mitigate the depravity of the act not only distracts...but makes the person arguing for them culpable. It is a slippery, slippery slope. Stick with outrage and disgust.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
You are right; yesterday's reaction was better.

I suppose I'm just grasping at straws and trying to come up with something vaguely rational about this whole thing because the notion that someone just does this sort of thing, just because, is just too disturbing. It feels better if there is a why.

snake020

Contributor
I've found some appropriate NJP for this guy:

950804.gif

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Unless you've been in a unit of enlisted Marines in the middle of nowhere, you don't know how depraved they, and you, can become. It is accepted to a point. How much worse it is for a weak minded individual who pulls triggers on bad guys regularly. It is up to only the unit leadership to keep a lid on it, and to remove the people that go over the edge before they throw a puppy off a cliff on video.

This is nearly analogous to what happened at Abu Grhaib.

I'm not defending his actions, but I feel like I know why it happened.

Speaking of keeping a lid on things, the lid is blown on this thing. It's all over every news source. This sucks for everybody in uniform. Standby to standby.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. <----This isn't a fucking joke people.

phrogpilot73

Unless you've been in a unit of enlisted Marines in the middle of nowhere, you don't know how depraved they, and you, can become.
Yup. Sometimes things go bad...

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. <----This isn't a fucking joke people.
My question is who the fuck said that?!?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
If this was fake (and I assume it was), what stands to happen to him?

Best case, NJP. Worst case, Special Court Martial. I'm not a lawyer, and that's just a guess, but I'm guessing that if the Commandant knows your name, and is pissed off, then that ain't good.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Tried to repost this. . .

My wife found this online, and I was pissed enough just reading the article until I saw the linked video. What a monster. I'm ashamed to be associated with the likes of these two. There is absolutely no kind of excuse for something like this under any situation. It says the corps is looking into it, and I hope they put the screws to these guys in a major way. Hopefully the military can use this as a chance to set an example against this kind of thing.

This kind of thing is a big problem in the military and even more in society in general. I don't know if things are getting better, but atleast it is getting attention. As far as being in the military, it seems obvious that we should be defending the innocent, and this video (real or not, dead or alive) flies in the face of that.

On the other hand, there are a lot of great stories about the military helping animals home and abroad. "From Baghdad with Love" is a great book about a Marine grunt who rescues an Iraqi puppy and tries to bring him back to the US. It's a shame stories like that have to be overshadowed by 2 wastes of human life.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I thought about all of this other anecdotal evidence FOR the compassion towards animals and mental well-being of MOST Marines as I fell asleep last night. Hopefully all of the prior evidence of troops caring for life, human, canine, and others (not so much cats) is enough for the public to blot this one guy out as just one sick fuck who wasn't caught in time. Perhaps it was in time, considering he would probably be the one most apt to come home and shoot up a Wendy's or something.