• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone see this?

bradler

I hope the dog was already dead because that is just wrong. If it was it is still a sick joke....

red_ryder

None
Every atrocity we're seen doing strengthens the enemy's resolve to take us out. This behavior should not be accepted.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I'm not in the least bit convinced that dog was alive. Even before reading the AF Times piece something did not sit right with me. The dog just does not look natural, nor does the dogs reaction (or lack there of). I would expect to see flailing limbs etc. The sound also feels fake.

Not saying it IS fake, but I'm not convinced it's real either.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I watched the video several times over, and I think that the dog was already dead. The "yelping" could have easily been one of the other guys around him off camera. I have a hard time believing that any sane Marine would do this to a live dog, but unfortunately, I can easily believe that there are a few Marines that would stage a stunt like that thinking that it's funny. It's a sick, sad, thing, but that's what I think happenned.

Either way, he's going to get his ass handed to him very shortly. Rightly so.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Alive or not, not funny. F- this guy. I hope Bubba makes him his little puppy dog for the next 20 years...

Recently the AF came down pretty hard on an airman or 2 who put a video on Myspace of them LOXing bunnies and throwing frogs into F-16 intakes. I hope the Marine Corp will do the same here.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Sadie my dog says that is unsat and worthy of office hours....now back to the whipped cream.
l_9e8ee1883756e438a372150cea8757b6.jpg

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Tell Sadie that this ass clown can't get the BCD he deserves from going to office hours.

It sounds silly, but this is the same disregard for life that caused whole villages to get shot up in Vietnam. Same for the snipers that are in Iraq right now that take people out because they feel like it. It takes an unbelievable toll on your mind to go kill. For a young, weak, impressionable mind this is even more tough. Between the stress of being away, being in combat, and peer pressure he has probably lost it. That is, assuming that he's not just some poag with a God complex.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
It sounds silly, but this is the same disregard for life that caused whole villages to get shot up in Vietnam. Same for the snipers that are in Iraq right now that take people out because they feel like it. It takes an unbelievable toll on your mind to go kill. For a young, weak, impressionable mind this is even more tough. Between the stress of being away, being in combat, and peer pressure he has probably lost it. That is, assuming that he's not just some poag with a God complex.

I think this is a really interesting post. If the puppy was alive, then I can't help but worry about how else this guy's indifference for suffering has manifested itself. But on the other hand, we've surely asked him to do so pretty difficult things and it isn't too much of a marvel that some people will have a hard time drawing the line or turning off that mindset when it is no longer appropriate.

So I am torn between sympathy for him and disgust and outrage.