• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone out there who can tutor for API?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In case the OP wasn't self-pitching, or someone else is thinking about needing a tutor:

I doubt you'll need one. It's not difficult stuff, and there's almost no theory or deep thinking. If there is a challenge, it's learning/memorizing a lot of material in a short time (which is a skill you'll definitely need at the VT's). Group study helps with that. If there's a concept you're not getting, your instructor will take the extra time with you until the light comes on.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Not to be mean, but do what everyone else does and figure it out yourelf. Study alone, in groups, use flash cards, whatever. That's why you're an Officer. You're supposed to be tenacious, intelligent and enterprising. This isn't like being a 5th grade rich kid, where mommy and daddy pay to have some retard kid tutored in every subject in the vain hope he doesn't grow up to be a failure. You need to figure it out yourself.

Just like during flight school, there's a lot of gouge along the way, but the further along you get, there will be less cookie-cutter shit to copy/use and more of YOU having to produce results in your own right.

You can't buy success here.

Oh, and if my post upsets you, go ahead and filed a "Hurt Feelings Report", and CC me on the email when you submit it. I'll be sure to read it and laugh.

KBayDog

Not to be mean, but do what everyone else does and figure it out yourelf. Study alone, in groups, use flash cards, whatever. That's why you're an Officer.

Relax, man. He is figuring it out himself. He's checking out all of his options for assistance. I'd rather he ask for tutoring on the front side, and not be ordered to tutoring (in his khakis/Charlies) on the back side of a pink sheet. It doesn't just apply to API...there's a reason why staffs exist (aside from providing a place to stick pilots who "need time out of the cockpit" to check promotion blocks). I have yet to hear anyone at a CAT tell the Commodore and MEU CO to "figure it out themselves."

You know damn well that I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker, but I seem to recall reading something along the lines of "Know yourself and seek self improvement."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It may all be irrelevant since I think the JCUSN has been eaten by lions or something. He's never come back to answer any of the questions of all the people trying to help him.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Relax, man. He is figuring it out himself. He's checking out all of his options for assistance. I'd rather he ask for tutoring on the front side, and not be ordered to tutoring (in his khakis/Charlies) on the back side of a pink sheet. It doesn't just apply to API...there's a reason why staffs exist (aside from providing a place to stick pilots who "need time out of the cockpit" to check promotion blocks). I have yet to hear anyone at a CAT tell the Commodore and MEU CO to "figure it out themselves."

You know damn well that I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker, but I seem to recall reading something along the lines of "Know yourself and seek self improvement."

True but the way to "Know yourself and seek improvement" is through group-study and asking the staff for help. Maybe it's just the semantics that are confusing me, but "tutor" to me seems like something external to the program that may/may not be compensated for such a service. Seek the instructors' assistance and reach out to other students, especially those ahead of you. But to get one on one private help from someone is probably not the best option. Be a team player. Group learning often helps everyone in the group, both the weaker and stronger students.

Anyway, good luck with API.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The API kids who caught the instructor's attention tended to come in two flavors: overachieving sweats who checked in already hitting their overspeed governor and freaking out about everything, and "this ain't no thang, I've been through (Academy, OCS, TBS, boot, whatever)" cool kids who gave not a single shit. They were about equally likely to fail.

OP struck me as the former, asking about tutoring when he apparently hadn't even classed up.

On the other hand, not revisiting his thread to say thanks or tell us to fuck ourselves leads me to think he might be choice B.

Slow*

None
I'll be signing autographs after class

Seriously though, Wudgles/Swanee, I appreciate your words. Thanks!

P.S. the house is mos def still for sale. FML

-Slow