• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone out there who can tutor for API?

AnonymousGuy

None
I was hoping to find someone who can tutor me for my API classes.

Does anyone know if anything like this exists?

Thanks in advance!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I applaud your willingness to ask for help. That's actually a pretty important thing. But I'm curious, are you in a study group already? I hated study groups in college and didn't find them very useful to me, but if I hadn't been part of one in API, I'm not sure things would have turned out as they did.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I applaud your willingness to ask for help. That's actually a pretty important thing. But I'm curious, are you in a study group already? I hated study groups in college and didn't find them very useful to me, but if I hadn't been part of one in API, I'm not sure things would have turned out as they did.

You would have got jets? (sarcasm...)

beaverslayer

pilot

Thanks in advance!

Most (if not all) of the instructors there will help you as much as you need. Just bring specific questions/issues to them in their office or after class or whatever. I never had an instructor who didn't offer extra help if you needed it. Not that they're going to teach the whole class over again--you need to do your part and meet them halfway, you know?

texags

pilot
I had an instructor who came in on a Saturday to help some of us who needed it. Just ask and be respectful and he/she will gladly give you some extra help.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
There is a particularly "slow" Marine Captain who is pretty awesome with Aero. Ask him.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

He's awesome and a great instructor. To echo what everyone else said, ask your instructors. They'll be more than happy to help after class as long as you have a specific question. Also, study groups can be excellent. It's usually guaranteed that someone else understands whatever you're having trouble with and can explain it. Plus, it's nice to have people who will quiz you before the exams.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

Thanks in advance!

You're the not the guy who was on here a few months ago pedaling your own tutoring service are you? The skeptic in me thinks this could be a game of self-pitch softball.

Otherwise - Gatordev's gouge is spot on. Find a group. You can work alone preparing for your group sessions (which I recommend), but getting other takes on a subject, learning how other people memorized something, or how other people plan to data dump their cheat sheet - all value added there! Good luck.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
There is a particularly "slow" Marine Captain who is pretty awesome with Aero. Ask him. And ask him about the Ballmer Peak.

http://xkcd.com/323/

He even had a house for sale on here the other day stating: " Free API gouge packet with the purchase of every home!" but the ad has been removed it appears. Must have sold it quick, or run outta gouge packets. ;)