• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone not take a Commission?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Not questioning you ID, but that statistic shocks me. ~75% of aviators leave flying some of the best aircraft in the world and 1/2 way to a great pension? :confused:

That statistic doesn't really surprise me at all...if its accurate then I can see why.

johnsmith3168

if the OP is still interested, I would ask what your alternatives are. For me, I was caused to second guess my commission with a very very good job offer and some random comments by others. Why not just buy your own plane? But there is nothing to say that I cant still do that when i get out after I have served my country first.

I decided that I couldn't pass up the guaranteed shot and I will be commissioned in December. I would always regret not going for it, especially when the civilian jobs will always be out there... And I have never met a naval aviator that didn't absolutely LOVE what they were doing.

semper fi