• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone in PHX, AZ?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
They now have combat edge in the T-6. Also the mask is on T/O to Recovery. The T-6 has a good pressurization system but i think it was like cabin altitude of like 16.5k at FL280 so yeah you want the mask on. The painful part is the seat , the riggers do a great job of fitting the mask. If it doesnt fit speak up.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, I apologize Wink. That was a long long time ago and my memory is not what it used to be now that I'm getting old. Are you still taking off from the taxiway down there or do they let you use the runway now? :)
Oh, you remember that too:eek:. I retold that story just the other day. When I flew back I had to land on the taxi way because the runway was still closed. As I taxied in the airport manager came on the radio and said "You know, the airport is closed." "NO" I replied "The airport is not closed, the runway is. I landed on the taxiway. The taxiway is not NOTAMed closed." Silence. I LOVE uncontrolled airports ;).

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Hey thanks again ea6bflyr for the aircraft tour and letting us bug you. It was a good time! Maybe ill see you at vt-86 in the next year or so?
-Blake

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Yes thanks ea6bflyr. It was great to see the aircraft, hear about your experience, and get to talk to a bunch of JOs. Also, the Navy people seemed way cooler than any of the Air Force people... :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, the Navy people seemed way cooler than any of the Air Force people... :D

Duh!! Hey, I am sorry I missed you guys. There was a time when I knew most of the aviation candidates and selectees from the NRD.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Winged stashes who selected B-1s.

And they were at Scottsdale doing what?? They are stashed at the local FBO catering the bizjets? That sounds like very Air Farce career enhancing duty. Seriously.

magnetfreezer

And they were at Scottsdale doing what?? They are stashed at the local FBO catering the bizjets? That sounds like very Air Farce career enhancing duty. Seriously.

They came in on the T-39s (no-cost orders as observers). There is a 7-10 month wait right now for AF guys PCSing to the RTU (RAG) right now; they are required to do a certain number of observer hops each week anyway to slow the decay of knowledges.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They came in on the T-39s (no-cost orders as observers). There is a 7-10 month wait right now for AF guys PCSing to the RTU (RAG) right now; they are required to do a certain number of observer hops each week anyway to slow the decay of knowledges.

OK I get it. What I don't understand though, is why the AF is so concerned about decay of their newly learned skills now, when their skills will demonstrably decay at break neck speed the moment they step into an Air Farce squadron and start flying the AF way. They have got to be twice as sharp right out of a Navy VT then any "fleet" AF guy. ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm glad that BIZ and PIC made it to the fly-in. It was my pleasure to show you the T-39. More X-Country's to follow for others.

Biz, good luck at OCS shortly and we'll see you in PCOLA before you know it.

Pic, stay focused on finishing school and OCS & FLT school will soon follow.

Yes, the winged AF guys got a good deal/free ride to PHX. I hope they gave you both some perspective.

-ea6bflyr ;)