• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone in PHX, AZ?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm doing a cross country to PHX this weekend (2/13/09). If you'd like to meet and/or see an NFO ADV training aircraft, please send me a PM. Thanks.

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope....we'll be stopping at Ft Smith, AR and Albuquerque, NM for quick gas stops.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Does NATOPS require the O2 mask be on for the entire flight in the T-6? If so, that's gotta be a long 1400+ miles, combat-edge or not.

I hear you guys in the pattern talking into that thing at Barin every so often, and it made me wonder.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Does NATOPS require the O2 mask be on for the entire flight in the T-6? If so, that's gotta be a long 1400+ miles, combat-edge or not.

I hear you guys in the pattern talking into that thing at Barin every so often, and it made me wonder.

OPNAV, no. Wing/squadron, yes. Plus, EA6BFlyer is in a T-39, which uses a boom mike and headset.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
This is a great chance to see the strike pig up close and personal.

RE: T-6 masks were not combat edge as up 2006. I did go to Phoenix for a cc in it. It was painful.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
No...one time Wink came up in his 172! You should have seen all the FFARs and the Mavericks attached to it!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No...one time Wink came up in his 172! You should have seen all the FFARs and the Mavericks attached to it!

Shame on you. It is a classic 1954 Cessna 170B. Tailwheel baby. Real flying (well landing and taking off, anyway). But I can forgive you since you were my free ride.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Oh, I apologize Wink. That was a long long time ago and my memory is not what it used to be now that I'm getting old. Are you still taking off from the taxiway down there or do they let you use the runway now? :)