• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone Going to OCS on January 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcurb

Well I am glad to hear that I dont get him. I hope that I dont get the one they call the Rock. What kind of running schedule did you all have at ocs?

"Gentlemen: All the Branches of the Service are 'Honorable and Noble.' Each one of you has served your country well. Be proud of that."

(signed) GOD, USN (Ret)

wilsonator

Marcurb,
greetings, I am in class 12-03 (2 classes ahead of you) we just passed our fourth week inspection which was nice so i guess we can hit the town on the weekends. My advice would be to try and relax and get there as late as possible like everyone says. The graduating class will be screaming at you for a few days until you meet your DI, don't get mad at them they are just prepping you. Don't stay up late no matter what. We are always given too much to do, if you're not graded on it (nothing the first week is graded) don't lose sleep. You will never be able to accomplish everything so prioritize. The first week absolutely blows ass but don't quit, it gets better but not easier. The only weird advice I saw someone give was the bit about $600 cash. Thats a bit much, I had about a hundred cash and didn't spend it all in the first month. This will make more sense when you get there but extra clothes and stuff can be put on your account so you'll buy little things like foot powder, insoles, etc. which will not cost you much cash also they do take plastic. make sure you stash a sleeping bag in your car as well if you're driving, if not it's okay you can buy one there but it will help you from not having to get up early and make your bed once you get through the first week. make sure you have good shoes but once again if you can't find good ones or aren't sure , you can get some at OCS. they fit you for the right kind and you can put those on your account as well. This account I'm talking about is interest free that you pay before you graduate so if you're not sure about the stuff you should buy have no fear. A lot of people in my class have spent ridiculous amounts of money which really is not necessary. I don't know if you're as cheap as I am but I just wanted to let you know that you do not have to break the bank. If you want to talk to me email me and I'll give you my Phone # or you can give me yours. good luck and relax. mceatsme@yahoo.com

Mimi

Marcurb
Hey its Mimi. I'm nervous, but also excited about the experience we are about to take. I will be arriving at the Navy Lodge on Saturday the 4th (not sure of the time). To everyone who replied to this forum, Thanks for all the advice for the January 4th arriving class. Are there any females out there who can give a fellow female advice about this whole experience? I would appreciate it. Well I have read journals, personal papers on the OCS journey, and fellow candidates advice on life as an Officer Candidate, and thanks to you all.

marcurb

Well, i want to say thanks to all who have given advice. I dont plan on even thinking about quiting because i dont have anything else to do in life but this. Anyway, Thanks for the advice about stuff wilsonator. I am looking forward to getting there and starting. It will be worth sticking out in the end and going on to flight school. Congrats on getting through 4th week inspections, Wilson. I dont have any questions but when are you going back to OCS? Mimi, I will be getting there the 1st of january, I know it is early but i have moved into my wifes sisters house with four dogs and a new baby and it is a freaking mad house. So in order to relax and get rested i decided to head down early. Well, I guess this is the climax of this ride, here we goooooooooooooooo....

"Gentlemen: All the Branches of the Service are 'Honorable and Noble.' Each one of you has served your country well. Be proud of that."

(signed) GOD, USN (Ret)

wilsonator

marcurb, i'm getting back on saturday the 4th we have to be back by 8:00 pm. i'm driving from texas so i may leave on the third not sure yet just enjoying the sleeping in part.
mimi, i am a female and the advice i can give to you is really no different from the advice i would give to a male. don't try to pretend you are as strong as a guy cause we're just not and it will get you nowhere. work as hard as you can and when you're exercising you will probably reach muscle failure before the guys but don't worry the drill instructors know that and you won't be in trouble because you can't do as many pushups as the guys. the females seem to get picked on mostly for not being loud and sounding off so be prepared to lose your voice. practice screaming so hard that you shake and your face turns red and spit comes flying out of your face and you look like you could rip someone's head off, spit down their neck, and burn em at the stake. if you can master that you will be fine. good luck guys, never forget to keep your eyes on the prize, the gold bar and whatever it is your designated to do. OCS is not the 'real' navy, it is the way to weed out the yahoos not wanted in the navy. see you guys in a bit, and take care.
camille
FLY NAVY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.