• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody in Vance AFB right now?

jtmedli

pilot
So I was 1 of the 3 lucky bastards in my API class of 26 total that will be heading to Vance in late May. I was wondering how the track selections for intermediate training were looking as of late? Mostly Helos/props? or is anyone getting jets?

Short answer: It changes from week to week. The typical answer of 60% helos 20-30% props 10-20% jets holds true (around Whiting). But honestly, dont even think about that crap. That alligator is in Florida and, currently, your boat is in still in California. Worry about passing checkrides and stuffing your brain.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
When I went through 27 the worst (most likely to be a dick) IPs were VQ(P) and Marines. I guess I got lucky and never flew with any bad ones.

Short answer: It changes from week to week. The typical answer of 60% helos 20-30% props 10-20% jets holds true (around Whiting). But honestly, dont even think about that crap. That alligator is in Florida and, currently, your boat is in still in California. Worry about passing checkrides and stuffing your brain.
Isn't that the same numbers for Corpus? Does it actually matter what base you do Primary at?