• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any wannabe NFOs out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elise22

Hi I am new to the forum as well. Like Amiee and grouch I am headed to OCS Feb.8 as an NFO cadidate. My best advice to you on the ASTB is to buy one of the example test books (I bought mine at bn.com-Officer Candidate Tests- do a search under "military Officer Candidate Tests", you will get lots of results), practice taking the tests in it and study the things you aren't familiar with. I went to a liberal arts school, so I ended up studying the math, mechanical comprehension, and aviation. Best of luck with the test.

radio_freq

Well I took the test yesterday. I'm hoping the grading is accurate at the NRD office I was at because the lady said that these were my scores...
OAR 65
PFAR 9
FOFAR 9
AQR 9
Can't wait to start on the application now!

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
I'm still deciding between applying for SNA and NFO myself. I'm applying for the Oct. 03 Marine OCC class, so I've got a little bit of time. What I've heard about NFOs is that often the NFO onboard is actually the one commanding the mission, telling the pilot where to go and what to hit (if you're a WSO) or jam (if you're an ECMO). Another good read about what WSOs do is the Mark Bowden piece in the Atlantic Monthly from a couple of months back.

spidrwmn

Radio - Holy Sh**! Nice job on the retest! Any special hints for the rest of us? Which form did you take this time?

- Nikki

radio_freq

Nikki,
I took the test using form 1. The Marine guide is definetly a plus!!! I remember several questions in each section that were addressed in the guide (some were the same question just reworded or different values).
For the Spatial portion I just studied the ARCO book and followed the suggestions from other posts. I used a pencil to determine the middle of the square for climbing/diving and saying to myself what was going on really helped. Like banking hard to the right, climbing, land on my left, etc.
On the MVT portion I only had about 6 verbal questions and most of them were like samples in the ARCO book (read a paragraph and determine which sentence is true from the information was 3 questions).
Being the only one taking the test helped some too. No distractions, just me and the lady admin'ing the test.
Now if I can just score as well on the physical test.
Thanks everyone,
G

Status
Not open for further replies.