• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Repercussion for Items Not Graded?

Hammer10k

pilot
Noob question, but I had a required item not graded (In-Flt Checks/Fuel Management) during a Sim event. Is there any repercussion for this?

Math checks out for my score between MIF and total marks. It's been a few sim events since and I know I've got a random hold on my account. If this is the reason, I'd rather tell the instructor sooner rather than later, as I don't want for a good sim to turn into a bad one by getting MIFed if he couldn't remember the event.

Thanks!

jtmedli

pilot
Noob question, but I had a required item not graded (In-Flt Checks/Fuel Management) during a Sim event. Is there any repercussion for this?

Math checks out for my score between MIF and total marks. It's been a few sim events since and I know I've got a random hold on my account. If this is the reason, I'd rather tell the instructor sooner rather than later, as I don't want for a good sim to turn into a bad one by getting MIFed if he couldn't remember the event.

Thanks!

Usually it renders the event INC. You've probably got a hold on your account or whatever because the pre-reqs for the follow-on events aren't completed (i.e. the sim with the missing graded event).

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Bring this up with your flight leader or assistant STUCON. All items must be graded or there will have to be a syllabus deviation put in your ATJ. Either one looks bad on the squadron when they get audited.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
As long as all items are graded by end if block and mif your fine.

If I remember the NSS calculator correctly, the lower TGI, the better...

Talk to your squadron, not your sim instructor.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If it wasn't the last event in the block and/or you made MIF on it the other times in the block, then don't worry about it. Just do one sometime after you takeoff and every 20 minutes thereafter.

And remember the point of those checks isn't because instructors enjoy hearing students run through it for the thousandth time, it's to catch stuff that actually happens in real life, life a fuel split, the cockpit failing to pressurize, obogs blinker on the regulator panel not blinking, something way off with the engine, stuff like that.

Hammer10k

pilot
Thank you for the prompt replies!

On closer look, I had an item not graded in C2102 (in-flight checks) and C2201 (ground operations), but received a grade for both by the next event in each block. Hopefully that gets in me in the clear. I'll check with my squadron and post my findings.

Hammer10k

pilot
If it wasn't the last event in the block and/or you made MIF on it the other times in the block, then don't worry about it. Just do one sometime after you takeoff and every 20 minutes thereafter.

And remember the point of those checks isn't because instructors enjoy hearing students run through it for the thousandth time, it's to catch stuff that actually happens in real life, life a fuel split, the cockpit failing to pressurize, obogs blinker on the regulator panel not blinking, something way off with the engine, stuff like that.

One of the instructors made a big point about butting in for Ops Checks. Definitely going to heed this advice.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
One of the instructors made a big point about butting in for Ops Checks. Definitely going to heed this advice.

Just don't do it at inopportune times. What are those? Obviously during radio calls/traffic sorting, but also when the IP is trying to give you a quick micro-debrief after a maneuver.

IP: "Okay, so here's something to do next time on this and will make you successful throughout your Naval care...."
Stud: <interrupts with IGP/Ops Checks>
IP: "Uh, yeah, thanks."