• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any reason to salute with left hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JIMC5499 said:
Ok. I'll admit sirs was not gramatically correct. What do you expect I was only 18 at the time.

And that's an excuse why? :icon_tong

I've heard Chiefs and MSgts do it. That really throws me for a loop. They CERTAINLY should know better.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I remember being an Airman Recruit at NATTC Pensacola, and encountering a group of CPOs and Marine SNCOs. I greeted the group with a hearty "Good afternoon gentlemen," and was promptly informed that no part of any of those mens' uniforms indicated "Gentleman." I guess this was a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

I've since learned to try to identify and address the highest ranking member first, and catch the rest of the bunch as I'm passing by. Certainly not a fool proof system, but it serves well enough.

Cheers,
-Paul/AT1

KBayDog

I guess you could have said "Good Afternoon, Chief Petty Officers of Sailors and Staff Noncommissioned Officers of Marines!"

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cordespc said:
I remember being an Airman Recruit at NATTC Pensacola, and encountering a group of CPOs and Marine SNCOs. I greeted the group with a hearty "Good afternoon gentlemen," and was promptly informed that no part of any of those mens' uniforms indicated "Gentleman." I guess this was a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

I've since learned to try to identify and address the highest ranking member first, and catch the rest of the bunch as I'm passing by. Certainly not a fool proof system, but it serves well enough.

Cheers,
-Paul/AT1

I don't know what the proper greeting would be there... sounds liek they were just being cocks. Gentlemen seems to me to be a perfectly acceptable greeting for a group of men.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
If my arm was broken and in a sling, I wouldn't salute at all. I would stand at attention and render the proper greeting of the day (Watsup man?).
--
BTW, the left handed salute is weird...but what is up with portholes there and the 90 degree angle of bank in his wrist? sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.