• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any over under on Boeing delays through 2020?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I don't. They're a tremendous company with significant contributions to our economy and national defense. However, I do hope the events with the Max serve to recalibrate their strategic focus and leadership.
Their behavior with the MAX issue exemplifies their arrogance and greed.

It's pretty disgusting that so many people "in the know" at the company chose to look the other way. Hopefully they are sleeping well at night.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Their behavior with the MAX issue exemplifies their arrogance and greed.

It's pretty disgusting that so many people "in the know" at the company chose to look the other way. Hopefully they are sleeping well at night.
I agree with your sentiment, but the fact remains Boeing is a behemoth to the commercial aviation and defense sectors of our economy. They need to get their shit together . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
“This airplane is designed by clowns, who are in turn supervised by monkeys.”

Never write in an email that which you don’t want to see in the NYT some day . . .
Unless you really think it's true in which case hopefully you're also writing official reports to highlight these risks.

Look, it's easy to disparage Boeing management but managing large, complex aviation systems isn't easy. It's even harder if you're trying to make money while doing it. It's also very hard to ensure that management understands what risk it's really accepting and that "shit" isn't being turned into "fertilizer" on the way up the chain.

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
Moving Boeing HQ from a place where engineers are everywhere (Seattle) to a place where there are no aerospace engineers but money people are everywhere (Chicago)...that sent a message.

exNavyOffRec

Moving Boeing HQ from a place where engineers are everywhere (Seattle) to a place where there are no aerospace engineers but money people are everywhere (Chicago)...that sent a message.

Can you imagine how well a Division would run if the Divo or CPO never went down to the shop, Boeing HQ should have stayed in Seattle

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Look, companies like this are entitled to act this way. There is no real accountability. As you can see, Muilenberg, whe, as CEO, was responsible for the death's of 346 people, is walking away with a $60 million dollar payout.

People do not realize that c-level executives, as well as board members, can be personally and individually named in lawsuits along side the company.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have a buddy who is a FAA inspector. He thinks it won't be too much longer before the Max is cut loose. He has been conducting all the sim certs so training can kick off. Oh, and if it wasn't already clear we didn't have good differences knowledge on the Max, in a 15 min conversation he casually mentioned 3 systems or features I thought were critical and was never mentioned in my now confirmed inadequate B737 Max differences "training". He was shocked we were not instructed on them.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
... in a 15 min conversation he casually mentioned 3 systems or features I thought were critical and was never mentioned in my now confirmed inadequate B737 Max differences "training". He was shocked we were not instructed on them.
I don't think I said it on this particular forum but soon after the Max scandal really snowballed, I said that this was going to be a case study for both business ethics and engineering ethics for a long time to come- probably just as significant as the Challenger disaster in MBA and BS/MS programs.

I hope you mean shocked as in the figure of speech and that he wasn't truly shocked in a professional sense. (No sarcasm intended here.)

Last edited: