• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any over under on Boeing delays through 2020?

HuggyU2

None
Well... I suppose it allows them to move some employees to the 797 project and get that thing moving.

Let's just hope that everything with the 797 that has to do with cockpit ergonomics, comfort, visibility, function, etc... is sub-contracted to Porsche. Having flown the 737, 757, and 767 now, I've realized that Boeing's HR has no idea who to hire for those design functions.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Current thought is it will be recertified in January 2020 and flying scheduled flights a month or two later.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
How's the 737-Max doing on timeline? You still sticking to your original statement?

My guess was a 10-12 month grounding. Everything I'm hearing is lining up with that. Easter for the return to service is a safe bet from everything I've seen and heard from my company. Eventually the FAA will hear from enough Boeing-sponsored congress critters that if it doesn't get certified, they're going to lose votes and money, and then they will tell the FAA to un-ass their process, and then the FAA will tell EASA to stop playing politics/covering for shitass pilots (with the implied threat that the next time FiFi has an issue they can expect a real long grounding til it's back flying in the US), and then when something newer and more exciting gets in the news, the Max will be back.

Passengers who can't tell the difference between a Dash 8 and a Max 8 will swear they won't ride on one, until the ticket price is 3 dollars less than it is on another carrier, and then they'll happily jump on it.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
^^^ aka Airbus (specifically the different philosophy of its flight control system)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
F--k these turds. I'd ask for executive firings and lawsuits (i.e., naming both Boeing and named executives in lawsuits) but that will never happen.

The company deserves every financial hardship coming its way.

robav8r

None
Contributor
F--k these turds. I hope the company continues to suffer over this, more importantly its Board and senior executives.
I don't. They're a tremendous company with significant contributions to our economy and national defense. However, I do hope the events with the Max serve to recalibrate their strategic focus and leadership.