• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any over under on Boeing delays through 2020?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
It’s basically a no win. There’s only two plane manufacturers for this size, and Airbus’ order book is out years down the line on 320s, so people who bought the MAX are kind of stuck with it.

Total guess, but early 2020 is my estimate. Luckily this is a small portion of each carrier’s lift because the MAX is so new. If this happened years from now, it could’ve crippled SWA.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The delay continues with no end in sight, 2020? Quite a bit of US and world wide capacity sitting idle. Will be interesting to see what deals come out of this that Boeing offers to the carriers.

I heard they were offering FREE AOA vanes for all 737MAX aircraft. :) (A little too late IMHO)

As far as the over under: My guess would be mid-to-late 2020.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Their best bet is to fast track the 797 and gift them to the US carriers.
That doesn’t make any sense. The NMA hasn’t even been announced, so they should fast track an idea that is at least 7-8 years from entering service? Then “gift” them to the US carriers? It will be expensive. And why just the US carriers? They are a fraction of the market.

The max will be back and will fly for a long time.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The Max should be flying. Boeing has identified the fix. It’s politics and optics that are keeping it grounded.

I've tried digging through the interwebs to figure out the answer but too many shit articles. Was it simply a software issue/update or was other stuff done to fix it?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I've tried digging through the interwebs to figure out the answer but too many shit articles. Was it simply a software issue/update or was other stuff done to fix it?
They supposedly changed it from one AoA input to both. Plus they now limit MCAS to trim down only once per high AoA “event” which should solve the problem by itself.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rentonian here . . . the ramp was still full of 737s a couple weeks ago FWIW.