• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any one gotten word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I just found out I was selected for AMDO! My class date is Sept.6, 03.

Chris

BYSun

A bird told me that orders came down from the recuriting command to freeze all programs of the general officer communities. He told me it was because the FY2004 is almost full. Furthermore, for the time being, new requirements are even more stringent during this period. Minimum GPA is 3.0, and some wont talke to you if its not 3.2or above. When I asked when they would be "unfreezing" the communities, he told me he figured maybe a month two. SO if you have a packet in and get turned down, I strongly suggest resubmitting.
Now, interestingly, as I was discussing this with a friend of mine, a retired Lt. Col in the Marines, he shook his head and said no. That it was standard practice to freeze recruiting programs for offices in preparation for war. This way, the military can focus on developing the resources it already has (aka officers in training and officers in need of further training and qualificaitons). So, I guess this may account some possibly stange behavior in millington.

I didnt write this to discourage anyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up.
Nontheless, good luck to all of you who are waiting to hear.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Beaver

Hudson,
Congrats on getting in. I guess all that crap for the flight physical paid off. I'm flying out this Friday and I report on Sunday. Maybe I'll catch you on the inside.

-scott

Hudson

Just to see some action on the NFO section I will tell you all that I start OCS on Oct. 4th 2003 I hope to see you all there soon
Scott

colin007

Just found out in January that I was given SNFO. Should be getting out of the USMMA in June and then down to Pensacola In Nov. 03. Hope times turn better for acceptance into the programs.

Hudson

Congrads Colin,
Are you going to school in Salem? I live down here in Ashland. Who is your recruter? I leave Oct. 4th. I think you are the the only other person on this forum currently in Oregon. If you want to get together or if you have any questions drop me an email. If not I will see you in Nov.
Scott

USMMAMid03

I am in the same boat as colin, SNFO, was supposed to find out in december but just found out at the end of January. The number of flight spots usually alotted for Kings Point was drastically reduced this year by almost half. I guess its the same all over. Good Luck!

aoconnor

I just swore in yesterday for NFO. OCS date will be in Jan 04, I graduate Dec 03. They put me on BDCP yesterday.

http://www.unc.edu/~aoconnor/navy

BYSun

Congrats Aoconnor, welcome to the long wait to OCS...

Bryce

PS...cute girl.

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

paullatina

Just got word that I was prof. recommended for NFO. Paperwork and PRT is next week, but it'll be much easier with that huge load off my shoulders!! YeeHaw!!

I wish everyone on this board who hasnt heard anything the best of luck. Hang in there, your day in the sun will come!

BYSun

Right on Paullatina, Congrats.

Apparently, anyone getting word these days has REAL reason to celbrate.

When will you know your report date?

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

Meridiani

Congrats, paullatina! I just got word yesterday that I was pro recc'd for NFO as well!! I'm so excited!!!
bouncy_125.gif
I spent most of the day yesterday running around like a chicken with my head cut off--signing paperwork, getting anthros measured, etc.. Fortunately, I've already taken care of my PRT and MEPS physical...Whew!

WOOHOO! I was beginning to think that I'd never hear back.
spin_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.