• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any nicknames yet for the F-35 Lightning II ?

FireFor3ffect

I'm partial to "Sparrow" as it has a smaller frame compared to the F-18 and F-22. Granted there's a missile with this same name, though.

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
I thought nicknames had to be earned for it be used in combat, like B-52 BUFF, A-10 Warthog and F-105 Thud

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I know "Princess" gets thrown around every once in awhile since it seems to own the airfield and always gets what it wants in terms of scheduling.

CHUCK NORRIS
-You don't schedule your range time, the F-35 approves it for you.
-The F-35 doesn't fly to the range, the Earth moves around it until the ranges are at its location.
-And my favorite, The F-35 program doesn't meet spec, spec meets the F-35.

The F-35 may somehow end up being the best thing since sliced bread, but it is also the Lehman Bros of acquisitions.

jtmedli

pilot
I know "Princess" gets thrown around every once in awhile since it seems to own the airfield and always gets what it wants in terms of scheduling.

Damnit. You beat me to it. We called it that for the whole boat det that we were on with it. Pretty fitting.

danpass

Happy new year :D

How about Wizard?

Warlock?

I'm leaning toward Wizard or Cyborg (the whole ALIS computer thing)