• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any news for NAS Pensacola??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kray1395

The news of the damage to the Pensacola area continues to trickle in both on the news and pensacolanewsjournal.com. But I haven't heard any word about NAS Pensacola. My guess is that it must have taken a really bad hit. Just wanted to start this thread so that anyone could post any information hey have about the status of the base. Thanks.

boilersmack

E-6 Driver
Whiting

I was talking to a buddy and he told me a tornadoe hit Whiting Field causing some damage. He didnt know the severity.

kray1395

The question referred specifically to NAS Pensacola. Not the city. I have already seen all of the pictures of the rest of the city. I know that it must not be in great shape because the Ensign who called me tonight for phone muster had to call me from Gainesville and had no information to give out as far as a future muster, the shape of the base, or when to start heading back to Pensacola.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
if there is anyone who is stationed there right now, i'd love to see some pics of the base. I imagine that the Naval Aviation Museum was beat pretty badly, lots of glass there.

cindy

Lol. Understand significant damage. Navy is preparing a diaster recovery team for NAS Pensacola. No one source, several third party inputs.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
it says the base wont be open for 2-3 weeks, but what will this mean in the long run. will it affect us planning on OCS in the next year?

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Got a little word that some units on the base will not be back up for months due to damage to their facilities. My squadron was trying to get me order for water survival refresher and they were told that NASP was out for a while and that studs being scheduled to go there were being sent elsewhere. However, apparently JAX at least isin't taking anyone for a while b/c they are full for quite some time to come.

Grant

I was watching Fox News earlier, and they said that NAS Pensacola was hit pretty hard. The reporter on the ground said that some building will have to be bulldozed and rebuilt. But then again, he's just a journalist, not an engineer, so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crap.... I was planning a cross-country there the weekend of the 8th. Any FOs/Helo guys know what kind of status they're at for transients?

Status
Not open for further replies.