• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any info about the flight physical in Fl.

rrnavy

I was wondering what the exam is like, spicificaly relitive to dental. If there is a problem that is corectable, what happens?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
What kind of problem? It is hard to know what type of thing you are thinking of without some sort of background...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Dental problems? Just expect to be a few teeth less after it then......

Actually, if the problem is correctable they generally tend to correct it.

rrnavy

i know i have a wisdom tooth that needs to get pulled. There is no pain, and it is easy to pull a tooth, however I have know insurence to get it done.
Would the DQ me for that? My physical is sceduled for dec 10-13 and i dont go to OCS untill Jan 21.

Do they even check dental at this exam?
Thanks!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
i know i have a wisdom tooth that needs to get pulled. There is no pain, and it is easy to pull a tooth, however I have know insurence to get it done.
Would the DQ me for that? My physical is sceduled for dec 10-13 and i dont go to OCS untill Jan 21.

Do they even check dental at this exam?
Thanks!

If you don't do it, they will once you get in...

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
jack-daniels.jpg
skate.gif

Do it yourself.

skidz

adrenaline junky
That is some heavily diluted jack, but with the wisdom teeth, get them removed in the civilian world before you go in. There's no point trying to be tough with a little tooth.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
that is some heavily diluted jack, but with the wisdom teeth, get them removed in the civilian world before you go in, there's no point trying to be tough with a little tooth.

That's good advice. I got mine taken out before boot camp with a civilian doc and a general anesthesia. Nothing wrong with navy dentists, but they're only going to give you a local and I'm heard it's a pretty traumatic procedure.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im just conserned with getting DQ.
Any one rember if, they check or how detailed the exam is?

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about your grammatical skills. ;) Why don't you just tell us how screwed up your teeth are? I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Im just conserned with getting DQ.
Any one rember if, they check or how detailed the exam is?

Let's just get this out of the way... Wisdom teeth are NOT disqualifying. If you've got other teeth issues, then that's something different.