• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any advice for moving to be with my husband while he is at TBS?

Maezapin

Hello! I have been reading up on things here and there, and I know a ton of people have probably asked. My husband will be graduating from OCS with the class of OCC-244. We aren't entirely sure when his TBS will start, but we are wondering if it is a good idea for me to move out to Quantico from Arizona to be with him. He has a few family members in the military who recommended that we wait until he gets orders for his first duty station to move and be together. They talked about a Home of Record move where the military would pay for his stuff to be shipped wherever he was going, but I am still a little confused about that. Our plan was for us to pack everything into a Uhaul and drive it over ourselves, so does that mean we have to use the Home or Record move? What happens if we do not have anything of ours here in Arizona anymore? We sold a lot of our big stuff, and we were planning on just buying some new stuff when we got there. Is this a bad idea? We really want to be together, but I am worried that doing this could hinder his chances for things in the future.