• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any advice for a late bloomer?

EastonHuneycutt

Why would you want to be around folks who would be vindictive because of a choice you made about your life and your career? Why would their recommendations be anything other than "We hate to see him go, you're getting a quality person."

If Academia is your passion, why are you pursuing being a military pilot?

As Griz said, you should really look into the Air or Army National Guard
I meant more so if I left the program early.. I feel like there would be some level of distaste there no matter what the next step for me would be.

Flying is also a passion of mine. And as Griz said the academia field is getting smaller and smaller. So the decision to join the military has seemed more realistic than hoping for a tenure job once I finish school. I am looking into ANG as we speak. Thank you.

Sonog

pilot
Why would you want to be around folks who would be vindictive because of a choice you made about your life and your career? Why would their recommendations be anything other than "We hate to see him go, you're getting a quality person."

If Academia is your passion, why are you pursuing being a military pilot?

As Griz said, you should really look into the Air or Army National Guard

I think he was getting at that he can serve 10 years and still have PLENTY of time to pursue his civilian career passion.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was a late bloomer too. Got commissioned 1 month before the cutoff (was 27 at the time). I worked in the civilian world right after college. I think my then employer was surprised, but ultimately very supportive. It didn't matter as I was doing what I knew was right.

Looking back, it was the best career and life move I could have made and would do it over again.

I highly recommend applying and see.