• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

Frank_the_NOOB

Im 6'3 with a sitting height of about 38 inches my anthro sheet says im too tall for TH-57s and T-45s. I get remeasured on Monday. any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Im 6'3 with a sitting height of about 38 inches my anthro sheet says im too tall for TH-57s and T-45s. I get remeasured on Monday. any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

Think small. don't stretch. Do a lot of jumping. Good luck?

wnnabpilot

I just had a friend measure me according to the male SNA anthro measurements below:

Thumb-tip Reach FR: 29.5 inches or greater
Buttock Knee Length: greater than 22 inches, but less than 26.5 inches
Sitting Height: greater than 34 inches, but less than 38.8 inches

We used the anthro pdf floating around on here to make sure we were measuring properly. My thumb tip reach and sitting height seem to be fine but my Buttock to knee length is 21.5 maybe slightly higher. What exactly does this anthro me out of? Is it was possible to get a waiver for this?

mb1685

Here's an extremely random and pointless question.

Based on my understanding, SNAs need to be within anthropometric regs for a minimum of 2 pipelines. What would happen if someone had been anthro'd out of the only pipeline that ends up available to them? For instance, if a student is good for pipeline A and B but not for pipeline C, but he has the lowest grades of his class in Primary and pipeline C ends up being the only thing available for him, what happens?

Not that I'd plan on being the worst in my class, if selected. ;) Just curious.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
If you're anthro'd out for Pipeline C, you will not have C available to you. It won't even be an option. You will get one of the ones you are qualified for. It isn't set that student #1-whatever gets this aircraft and then #10-bottom have to have this one. It just doesn't work like that. A pipeline will be available.

mb1685

If you're anthro'd out for Pipeline C, you will not have C available to you. It won't even be an option. You will get one of the ones you are qualified for. It isn't set that student #1-whatever gets this aircraft and then #10-bottom have to have this one. It just doesn't work like that. A pipeline will be available.

I might be mixing things up with how I've read the Air Force does things. I was under the impression that slots are dropped for a class depending on the needs of the Navy (e.g. a particular class gets x number of jet slots, y number of maritime slots, z number of helo slots, etc.), and the higher a student's grade, the greater chance they have of selecting what they want (based on their "dream sheet").

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I might be mixing things up with how I've read the Air Force does things. I was under the impression that slots are dropped for a class depending on the needs of the Navy (e.g. a particular class gets x number of jet slots, y number of maritime slots, z number of helo slots, etc.), and the higher a student's grade, the greater chance they have of selecting what they want (based on their "dream sheet").

It's like that, but as you alluded to, "greater chance", or, just because someone is higher in rank doesn't mean that it's guaranteed they will get their first choice. Lots of stuff goes into the selection process.

mb1685

It's like that, but as you alluded to, "greater chance", or, just because someone is higher in rank doesn't mean that it's guaranteed they will get their first choice. Lots of stuff goes into the selection process.

That makes sense. I was thinking of it far too simplistically. Thank you for the insight!

goose142

I've been doing research on this recently to see if I qualify and I found a document that should help. Look up NAVAIRINST 3710.9D (I attached it) it has code values for each measurement of what you measure. Then there's a colored chart that lists every aircraft, it looks like you basically have to fall in the green code value for each respective measurement. It explains it better in the document.

Attachments

• 3710.9d-1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 120

goose142

So I know the chart is really bad resolution so I made it in excel so it was easier to read (I can't upload excel files, but I was able to convert it to a PDF). I tried my best to write the most accurate information, if I was unsure I put a "?". If you can read better than me feel free to adjust or let me know. I also only did the training aircraft if anyone has any requests I can add.

How I interpret the document (correct me or input as you see fit) is you measure the lengths required for each section and you get the appropriate code. You then use the codes to find out if your in the green in each section. There looks like there is three formula sections where you add codes, in all honesty I couldn't read half of the but it looks like you have to fall within that range. Then the weight at the right is self explanatory. What I have read from documents online is that you have to be within green for all the training aircraft if your in SNA, for NFO you only have to be in the green for 2 pipelines of training aircraft.

P.S. OPNAVINST 3710.37A tells you how to measure (near the end), the only one I can't find out how to measure is Sitting Eye Height (SEH). I have read that its calculate based on you Sitting Height (SH) and something else (no clue)

Attachments

• 3710.37A.pdf
    633.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 3710.9D Chart.pdf
    46 KB · Views: 121

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Knowing the ranges won't help you much, since it's all about your anthros as NAMI measures them in their special devices. Having your buddy hold up a tape measure isn't going to do you much good.

Guys, just quit sweating this stuff. They'll measure you, maybe you'll get the Whammy, maybe you won't. Unless you're going to use this information as a reason to not even apply in the first place? No? Then what's the point of all the 'research'? Focus on the stuff you can control, and not on the stuff you can't.