• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

rymo96

I had to put my whole shoulder against the back wall but the officer taking my measurement held my shoulder back and let me stretch so my shoulder was off the wall a bit. How tall are you? I have T. rex arms and I passed so I wouldn’t worry about it
I am 5'5.75" (rounded to 5'6" at MEPS). I have been getting anywhere from slightly shy of 28" to 29.5" for Thumb Tip Reach depending on how it is measured if the shoulder is flush against the back wall or not.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Does anyone have the latest links for anthro for Naval aircraft? The last links I could find here from @ea6bflyr are all 404. If they're CAC-only, that's fine, too. The one linked on the TW6 website via The Google looks to be an old version (C).

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Tough day, at corpus flight physical and pretty sure sitting height is just barely over the line (99.2~ cm). Hoping I'm wrong or the Pensacola measurements are different. The guy doing it said it was his first time inputting the scores so maybe one of us saw it wrong or something.

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't expect substantially more expertise at NAMI. Unless someone finally addressed the HNs with attitudes conducting portions of the physical that affect someone's career. But I'm doubtful.

MyNameIsUssell

Hello, I’m currently still a Highschool student, 16 M and standing at around 5’5-5’6. Yes I’m short and I’m aware I pass the minimum height but I’m worried about my BKL. I’ve measured a few times and they all come out different. (Anywhere from 20-22 inches). Most of the time it sits around 21 inches, maybe a little more or less. NAVAIRINST 3719.9C says that’s good enough, but are there any short male pilots out there around my height that can confirm? It seems like it also depends on who’s measuring you on the day you get to the flight physical. I’m planning to get myself measured the next time I go to the doctor’s, and hopefully I’ll grow a few inches before college. Thanks!