• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
I'm probably destroying all OSO's credibility with this thread, but did anyone else think that is was devious and clever that you don't get your Antro restrictions told to you until the first day of API? I think it's the Navy's best kept secret.

Didn't find out about my Prowler restriction until I got to Primary. Regardless, if someone's going to let what they're anthro'd out of (or into, in some cases now) affect their desire to be in the program, especially with how *apparently* randomly selection can sometimes go, well....:yuck_125:

Regardless, don't think the Navy's trying to trick anyone or hold out on "unveiling" things like that until a certain point, it's just all part of the flow.

AppleCello

whats your weight that you had to sign a waiver? or more to the point, what is the upper limit weight of what that seat is designed to handle?

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Can't remember the stupid number exactly, but 215-220 is pushing it, 230 is definitely waiver-land.

Malice 1

pilot
whats your weight that you had to sign a waiver? or more to the point, what is the upper limit weight of what that seat is designed to handle?

My official NAMI upchit said I weigh 208. I think the upper limit is 195, but I'm really not sure.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another weird thing that baffles me....

You pretty much have to be a troll to be an EA6B pilot. Why are all ECMO's 6'4" and 250+lbs? I've never ever seen a small ECMO or small hornet WSO. THe pilots for those planes have to be small though.

Really? How many of each have you seen?

Brett

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Question: Do you get measured for Anthro's at API, or do they use the anthro measurements that were taken before getting an air contract?? What I am curious is how many times in flight school do you get measured, is it once for the whole shibang, or several times throughout the process to make sure your still in regs?? :confused:

Malice 1

pilot
You get em before you comission, and you get them again at NAMI before you start API. Try not to grow bewteen the two dates. If your a midget, try not to shrink.

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Thanks! :) When you got measured the second time by NAMI were they more strict than the pre-commission physical, or about the same? What I mean is was the second one like getting a board nailed to your back, because the physical I went to before I got my air contract the corpsman were kind of laid back about it, and I am just curious if getting measured by NAMI will be like getting soup from the Soup Nazi.

Malice 1

pilot
Man, it ALL depends on who is working with you that day. If you get some lazy guy that just came in from a smoke break or something, he won't care/notice if you slouch and hunch over to decrease your sitting height.

I got measured by Ms. Motivation, so she practically nailed me to the backboard to get correct measurements.

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Mefesto said:
Wrong...

Depends on the seat but the new SJU-17 thats in the Guppy and high lot Hornets and Superhornets is 245. The SJU-5/6 is, uh, 213 I think.

I stand corrected, thx for the help

Jay

BTW, unless you have a 40" sitting height, there is no such thing as anthro'd out of the Prowler any more, and yeah, not sure about the fleet, but all T-45's have the upgraded 100-245 seats like the fleet jets. As for measurements, you could, god forbid, be PROACTIVE rather than REACTIVE and frigain measure yourself beforehand to make sure you fit, but then again, that would be too intelligent.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BTW, unless you have a 40" sitting height, there is no such thing as anthro'd out of the Prowler any more, and yeah, not sure about the fleet, but all T-45's have the upgraded 100-245 seats like the fleet jets. As for measurements, you could, god forbid, be PROACTIVE rather than REACTIVE and frigain measure yourself beforehand to make sure you fit, but then again, that would be too intelligent.

That said, when you're down to tenths of an inch, doing gymnastics with a tape measure really isn't going to give you an accurate measurement like the anthro chair at NOMI. That will only tell you if you're well within or well outside the limits.

Brett

badger16

None
are there any differences between NFO's and Pilots as far as anthros go? do Pilots have to meet a more strict measurment table then NFO's or is it generally the same for both? b/c looking online the only antro restriction i could find was for weight but as far as seating height and knee to butt there was no information.