• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another "praise the Raptor" article

KBayDog

By my math it's at least mach 3.3333. Repeating of course.

Thanks for the number crunch, Abdul.

lolcats-funny-pictures-leroy-jenkins.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread has, once again, affirmed to me that none of you so called "engineers" have the first fucking clue as to what you're talking about.

Enjoy your involuntary celibacy.

Brett

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Six years of supposedly satisfactory studies, and not one of those professors caught my lies. They may be world-class leaders in their fields, but Brett, you are truly a genius.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Six years of supposedly satisfactory studies, and not one of those professors caught my lies. They may be world-class leaders in their fields, but Brett, you are truly a genius.

Thank you! :D

Brett

Python

pilot
Contributor
F-22 under attack for costs and maintainer issues

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/09/AR2009070903020.html?

$44,000 per hour seems pretty steep (especially since it can allegedly fly only for an average of 1.7 hours without a malfunction). I wonder if there will be any repercussions from this.

I found what they said about rain diminishing the radar absorbing coat interesting. I didn't hear about this being an issue with the F-117 or B-2. Can anybody explain why that happens?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
"The F-22 has never been flown over Iraq of Afghanistan."

Nice play toy and cool airshows, but not something that we couldn't do without with a gen 4.5++ fighter.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I found what they said about rain diminishing the radar absorbing coat interesting. I didn't hear about this being an issue with the F-117 or B-2. Can anybody explain why that happens?

Last time I was at Edwards they said the B-2 that's there was having major issues with it's skin in general, and with rain specifically. They said it would land, pull into its special climate controlled hangar, and then they would immediately do some process to try to maintain the skin from the damage it sustained in flight.