• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nugget for flight sim geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Holy crap, 14 replies in 5 hours!

USMC39720: It actually will do a proper spin, but just like the real thing, you have to have full backstick and full rudder deflection. *A note though - the AOA indicator does not work properly in the sim. That's the last thing I really need to fix on the plane (the indexer works OK though).

JG5343: The file will only work with x-plane. You can download it as a free demo though.

The rest of you: I don't think flight sims are the ultimate solution to anything. But with a good one, you can at least practice area orientation, course rules, and some basic airwork and even some pattern work. For me it's better than imagining the things in my head

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I used the hell out of the micro sims in Corpus. In early stage fams I used them for course rules, BI's for a scan pattern, and RI's for actual nav flights on airways terminating with approaches with weather at mins. I used the riot trainer at the begining of RI's to help with the "Tail-Radial-Turn" concept and holding entries.

If my computer would have handled a sim program, I would have used that too. Every time I open a program I gringe because it freezes up so much......dang Gateways!!!

zilber

pilot
Flight sims are great. Your airwork will improve greatly. You can take off from North Whiting, depart on course rules, go to area 1 or 2, do a spin, an ATS, PPEL into any of the OLFs, then do some aerobatics, and come home on course rules. In BI's you can do everything. If you can do it flight sim, you sure as hell will be able to do it in the real sims. They are much easier...

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
teufelhunde said:
Bad gouge. The flightsim is called X-Plane. Not MS Flight Simulator.

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the stuff I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.