• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Gate?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Gentlemen,

I'm looking at places to set up camp in Stafford. The only gate I know about is the one opposite to the back gate to mainside. Is there a gate on Telegraph Rd/Camp Barrett Rd that is open with any regularity?

Thanks.

phrogpilot73

Gentlemen,

I'm looking at places to set up camp in Stafford. The only gate I know about is the one opposite to the back gate to mainside. Is there a gate on Telegraph Rd/Camp Barrett Rd that is open with any regularity?

Thanks.
Yup. You want to live in the vicinity of Aquia Harbor if you want the shortest commute.

Here's a Google Map showing where the gate to Camp Barrett is. Is on Onville Road, which is a turn off of Garrisonville Road.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Yup. You want to live in the vicinity of Aquia Harbor if you want the shortest commute.

Here's a Google Map showing where the gate to Camp Barrett is. Is on Onville Road, which is a turn off of Garrisonville Road.

Good. The place we are considering at this moment is on Hwy 1 between Garrisonville Rd and Russell Rd. I think I can swing that commute after having lived in commuterland for 4 years.

phrogpilot73

Good. The place we are considering at this moment is on Hwy 1 between Garrisonville Rd and Russell Rd. I think I can swing that commute after having lived in commuterland for 4 years.
The commute there shouldn't be too bad. Most of the traffic on Hwy 1 is going towards DC in the morning, and vice-versa in the evening.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

Check with a recent grad or current student about the hours for the onville gate. They were curtailing it when I left (0500-1700 or so) due to manpower issues and last I heard it was only getting worse.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Check with a recent grad or current student about the hours for the onville gate. They were curtailing it when I left (0500-1700 or so) due to manpower issues and last I heard it was only getting worse.

Second this. I know the back gate hours are limited now, just not sure of the exact times.

MettGT

pilot
Poor suckers... When I went through, there was no gate. Just drove right in. Ahhh, it was nice.

Speaking of driving right in...it makes you wonder why Quantico is so unsecure. There are many places where you just cross the road and you're off base.