• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Annoying Pilots

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Witnessed this one from time to time..

Prowlers during man-up/hot-switch some how switching their ICS over to their main radio and listening to some very interesting conversations on tower.. Funny when you were on the launch but not so funny watching the boss rip into the Powler rep in pri-fly... :eek:

That's just some buffoon stepping on the wrong switch. :D

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Apparently 121.X freqs mean you can drop off the whole first three digits; I remember being told "Contact ground point niner" all the time flying out of Pensacola Regional.

Pretty standard at a bunch of places I've flown, both military or civilian. As was mentioned, 121. and 7, 8, 9 are common freqs for ground.

My pet peeve is to be on approach in IMC being vectored for a final turn on to the ILS when someone comes on freq and delivers the Gettysburg Address while the loc is coming alive and the controller can't get a word in to give me the final intercept heading and clear me for the approach.

A common thing that happens here, especially when I'm flying w/out a student and therefore shooting the approach at 199.9 knots. ATC isn't used to seeing the extra 80 knots around Whiting, so it sometimes throws them for a loop. That's about the time when one of our Italian/Spanish/Indian allies on a Fam 4 decide to key the mic.

For those in the PNS TRACON, have you enjoyed the new guy? He's learning, but it's fun to hear the supervisor behind him playing ventriloquist in order to get out what needs to be said. The other day I heard one of the regular controllers say, "Switch 127.35 and say hey to the rookie."